A minor audio track bug.

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

A minor audio track bug.

Postby Vicious_Angel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:18 pm

I have noticed this a lot of time now but forgot to mention it.

Insert 2x audio track.
Load the same file to both.
Reverse one.
Save project.
Open the project.
Both Wave files are the same (normal) and not the one reversed.
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

A minor audio track bug.

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Confirmed here. One way round that is to clone/make unique the track that you want to reverse first. Then reverse it and save. Then it works as you expect.
Mark

A minor audio track bug.

Postby Vicious_Angel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:31 pm

I even made an absolute copy of the file but no luck.
The funny thing is after 2-3 saves orion put some ticks to the file strange?
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

A minor audio track bug.

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Clone/make unique worked here. I just tried it.
Mark

A minor audio track bug.

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:13 pm

"Clone/Make Unique" works.

It really does make the other one reversed when you save/reopen, but C/MU worked.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

A minor audio track bug.

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:03 am

I've had issues with this since Audio Track was introduced. It's great that things can be Normalised and Reversed, and the Clone/Make Unique does help. But I've noticed on some clips and cuts things don't stick when I reopen (maybe because I didn't Clone beforehand?) and/or one cut I reversed and cloned - all cuts of that bit are now reversed as well!

Just to be on the safe side VA, get the parts how you like them in OP to start.
But I would right click the reversed bits and such, open in Audio Editor and reverse and clean their ends and such and 'Save As - Reversed Bit' and reinsert into OP.
That way you know OP or yourself can't mess it up, and any nasty pops and offsets are taken care of. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

A minor audio track bug.

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:00 am

With "Clone/Make Unique", Orion just makes a copy of the same file (you can notice it says "filename" and adds like a number to it), and do the operations you made him do to that specific clip. So, basically, you will have two audio files after C/MU.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

A minor audio track bug.

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:26 am

But - and am not sure if it still does this... If you have say 8 measures of something in a audio track, and you want to reverse the last measure before the chorus. You segment it out, reverse it and like it. You decide to to this before all the choruses, and then think to better not - maybe just the first and 3rd. I've had issues where all the clip ends will come back reversed after 'making unique' and/or the original audio clip suddenly gets tainted as well. Maybe something I was doing in the Save process, maybe something OP was taking too much into account with - I'm not sure? And maybe all is well now too?

But I for one don't fully trust myself or OP when it comes to those matters still. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

A minor audio track bug.

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:29 am

I still prefer to prepare all audio stuff externally, and then just import it into Orion when I need them.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Return to Bug Reports