Orion 7.5 is laging/skiping. Please help fix~!

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby electro3031 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 am

........should i just re-install it then? i had to download it so that means after this, no more free bees :(......man, i really wish this companys tech man could tell me what the problem is! this sucks, i spend a lot of my time on this program and when it tells me to go in "safe mode" it just screws up with no salution....not even a default setting button!!!!!!!! >.<":""""""""
electro3031
Novice

Postby V/M » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:11 am

electro3031 wrote:........should i just re-install it then? i had to download it so that means after this, no more free bees
what does this mean?

electro3031 wrote: :(......man, i really wish this companys tech man could tell me what the problem is! this sucks, i spend a lot of my time on this program and when it tells me to go in "safe mode" it just screws up with no salution....not even a default setting button!!!!!!!! >.<":""""""""
just to be clear, there's no "safe mode". When Orion crashes, it often starts up offering to change to safe settings, ie. the defaults. So, when you said 'yes' to that, it changes all your settings to the defaults. It's too late for this time, but in the future I recommend saying No to that.
V/M
Professional

Postby Christophe » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 pm

yes always say no except if you know that your last crash is due to a bad configuration
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:04 pm

electro3031 wrote:okay, it runs smoothly now sound wise, but now when i look at orion, its moving as if it were lagging....like the sound meters , the bar that goes across the music play list. how do i fix that now? :(

heres what i got; on my visual preferences the update speed is 25 fps and the VU decay is 75 and i have the colored event editors checked. any suggestions?

ps, yeah, i think i remember screwing around with that before now that i think about it lol. what are the default settings on that?

what else could i do to fix this then? this is causing a huge difficulty making music :(

You already got it to defaults when you clicked Yes after the crash. If it's only visual (you said you got your sound issues corrected), lower the VU decay, like from 75 to 50 or even 25. It will make it "run" faster.

........should i just re-install it then? i had to download it so that means after this, no more free bees :(......man, i really wish this companys tech man could tell me what the problem is! this sucks, i spend a lot of my time on this program and when it tells me to go in "safe mode" it just screws up with no salution....not even a default setting button!!!!!!!! >.<":""""""""

Like ccarrieres said, click No only when you know that your setup causes Orion to crash.
It doesn't hurt to install 7.62 over your current installation. There's been improvements and bug fixes, after all.

But what do you mean "no more freebies"? With 7.62, you're all set till Orion 8 comes out, which won't be free anyway.
And there is no "company tech man" here. It's basically two guys working on it, and believe it, they have their hands full. But if you're having crashes, there's a couple of things you can do.
1. You can start eliminating what might cause the crashes. Find out if it's a certain VST for example. That one you can do on your own. If it is a VST that's causing a problem, report it to the VST developer and to Rich.
2. Hardware configuration might cause Orion to crash, so check that by any means you can. Test various settings within Orion (like changing the driver modes), see which runs better and more stable.
3. Start sending your MiniDump files when crashes occur. You will find them in Error Logs folder inside Orion's installation folder, and you can send them HERE
Also, with MiniDumps, send to Rich any Orion song files (.sfs) that you can, plus it would be good to have at least some insight of your current system.
Last edited by HYPNAGOGIA on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby electro3031 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:44 am

Apologies on the last message and thanks for walking me threw this.

Well, didn't find a mini dump file in my orion folder, but i'm about to send some details to you via bug report so hopefully that will help. Yes, the audio is running smoothly, its just the visual that is lagging. i tried what you told me to do, even tried setting it to zero but barely any improvement.
and when i said freebies, i was referring to whenever you download software from here, it only gives you a certain number of times to download the software.

if i were to get 7.62, would it have all the same synths and would it cost me anything since I downloaded my program threw hear?

thanks again,
j
electro3031
Novice

Postby Christophe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:43 am

electro3031 wrote:if i were to get 7.62, would it have all the same synths and would it cost me anything since I downloaded my program threw hear?

thanks again,
j

of course 7.62 has the same synth, it's just a free upgrade !
in fact, you will even have the new wasp V !
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Previous

Return to Bug Reports