Audio track editing bug

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Audio track editing bug

Postby Shadx » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:59 pm

I was looking for an older thread on this but couldn't find it.

Please try to reproduce this:

In the playlist with a recorded audio, select a section, it doesn't even have to be in the middle, it can be at the end, and add it to the end of the audio snippet.
Even just resize the audio part to what you want to copy and put it somewhere.
Just fiddle around with cutting and pasting audio.

There will be a small slice of audio in between audio parts that will cut the sound off afterwards.

I resized the audio part on the left and moved the audio part on the right so you can see the snippet of audio in between. It's the small white vertical line.
Once the snippet is deleted the sound won't cut off.

If anyone has had their audiotrack sound cut off at a certain point this is why.
Last edited by Shadx on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadx
Apprentice

Audio track editing bug

Postby voidloss » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 am

Yeah I`ve mentioned this before.
You get little things like this a lot when audio editing in orion.
voidloss
Regular

Audio track editing bug

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 am

I just tried it. I didn't get the white line, and audio plays normally after the "break". :confused:
Maybe I didn't do it right.
Last edited by HYPNAGOGIA on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Audio track editing bug

Postby Shadx » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Hmm, yeah, I'm starting to think it's when you're cutting something that's already been cut, and there's a tiny piece of audio extending past the selection, so that tiny piece is left behind.

I was having trouble trying to reproduce it last night, and after I did, it was hard to track down what it was.

But here may be a better show of what the issue is and I'll try to narrow down what's causing it specifically later. At 96 is where the dropout occurs, and when I move the audio away you can see the little slice I have to delete since it causes the dropout.
Last edited by Shadx on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadx
Apprentice

Audio track editing bug

Postby V/M » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:29 pm

I'm glad I never run into these things, since the audio clips I put in an audio track have already been edited in Audacity before I bring them in.
V/M
Professional

Audio track editing bug

Postby Shadx » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Well for that I just used a song just to throw something in there.

For the most part it's when I'm recording some riffs, practicing things, etc, and if there's a part that sucks I'll replace it with something better.

Other than that if I did do remix work in orion I could put the whole song in to rearrange the structure.

When you say audio clips, it makes me think of something I'd end up using in the DR or Sampler, but you can't record direct into them, so...

That's terrific, I'm very happy for you.
Shadx
Apprentice

Audio track editing bug

Postby V/M » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:10 pm

me too.
V/M
Professional

Audio track editing bug

Postby T-Breaks » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:18 pm

had this again a week ago. This happens if you use cut&paste(and drag) in the audio track, and the mean thing is that the audio track is muted after this snippet.
Last edited by T-Breaks on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-Breaks
Regular

Audio track editing bug

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:02 pm

T-Breaks wrote:had this again a week ago. This happens if you use cut&paste(and drag) in the audio track, and the mean thing is that the audio track is muted after this snippet.

I tried that. Still works fine here.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Audio track editing bug

Postby Shadx » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Hyp, it was taking a while for me to reproduce, and maybe you've been cutting and pasting all to hell, but I think the results are better to keep cutting and pasting stuff that's already been C&P. Basically just shred the audio to bits?
Shadx
Apprentice

Audio track editing bug

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:18 am

Ok, I placed a song in .wav format (48kHz, 16bit, stereo, 1:54 long), which was previously made and streamed from Orion. I cut 32 bars somewhere from the middle, and deleted the rest, leaving just those 32 bars. I sliced it into 8 equal pieces, and moved around the pieces, joining them together, slicing them more into little pieces, arranging them so that the second parts play first, and first parts after (like 2-1-4-3); even left gaps in between.

I still couldn't get it to cut out the sound. It plays normally, even after the gap, it just continues. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here.
I guess the only thing to do is to ask Rich if it's being fixed sometime after 7.62 [posted the question about this on the Bugs Tracker, DungeonStudio's report "Moving Audio clips causes no playback sound", #317 - shows it's not confirmed or fixed... waiting for the answer].
Last edited by HYPNAGOGIA on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Audio track editing bug

Postby Shadx » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:54 am

Cool, that's good enuff for now. Thanks:)
Shadx
Apprentice

Return to Bug Reports