channel gain bug (another bug wtf ?)

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby suneel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:31 pm

it seems to me orion 6.72 is full of bugs and that too hard to find crazy bugs that affect your project.

this bug is soo crazy, it made me want to take the dumbell and throw in on my screen.

so i have channel #9 on the mixer which is taken by z3ta+. Now this channel gain is shared by the master !!! wtf ?? thats right. meaning if you attempt to automate and change the gain in one of these, the other one will also equally change and vice versa. you open the event editor map and see that both have the same automations. seriously, its been 4 days with orion and i have already found 3 bugs.

i sincerely hope these bugs wont come up in orion 8
suneel
Guru

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm

HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Vicious_Angel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:00 pm

There is a logic for this bug.
The master on Busses mixer is the 9th fader :P Something gone wrong there :P
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

Postby DaZoid » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:18 pm

7.62 has some bad bugs. There's also an automation bug with one of the Return #2 automation. 8.0 has to get a deep bugfix testing before release! No quick shot please. The changes in 8.0 might be bigger than in previous versions and might bring heavy bugs
DaZoid
Guru

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Well, regarding this issue, I guess it's been solved.

Just did that test again, and here's the result.

Last edited by HYPNAGOGIA on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby suneel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:14 pm

oh okay...so its been around.

hypna when you mean its fixed, i assume your using the test version of 8 right?
suneel
Guru

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Yes... 7.916 [internal beta]

So, it's fixed... shame it wasn't fixed sooner for 7.62
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby bones » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:11 pm

It's probably not fixed at all, as I can positively state that it has never happened to me at all. It's obviously not there all the time or none of us could get any work done.
I'd be looking at things like my MIDI set-up and stuff. If you have a MIDI device attached, try changing the Mixer MIDI settings and see if it helps. Either that or it could be specific to z3ta+ or something? For that, try re-ordering your channels and see if it fixes the problem.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:11 am

I had that issue before when DS reported it, and I have no MIDI gear to attach. And the first time I tried it to confirm it, I used Orion's native synths, and channel 9 volume song event was somehow tied to the one of the master.

And suneel is the 4th person who said he has that problem, beside Dungeon Studio, Eduardodapy and myself. But no one else replied, so there may or may not be more people with that problem.

And I didn't find this issue reported on the Bugs Tracker (not saying there isn't, I just didn't find it).
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:59 am

I can confirm this issue with 7.62 although if it's been fixed then no big deal. Automate the gain of channel 9 and it is duplicated on the Mater channel. No midi in just hand drawn automation.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:02 am

To duplicate it just load an 8 channel Sampler. Load a Monobass and then draw an automation curve on it's mixer channel's fader (ch 9). Then look at the automation of the Master channel. Exactly the same.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby D-Fusion » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:25 am

It doesn't only happen on the master.

If you draw automation on Track Number 8 it will draw automation in Bus Channel 4 too :(

Automation on Track 7 Draws Automation on Bus Channel 3 and automation on track 6 on Bus 2 and so on.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Fusion
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Just automated the volume of the first 9 channels. It doesn't show anywhere in the master section, no drawing on returns', bus' or master volume events, and nothing changes either, except on the mixer where it should.

Orion 7.916 [beta]
So, it's either fixed, or it's different case to case
Last edited by HYPNAGOGIA on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:50 pm

OK... I've installed 7.62 today on my brother's computer just for the sake of testing things, and it was there. What's worse, it was like D-Fusion said:
Channel 1 - Return 1
Channel 2 - Return 2
Channel 3 - Return 3
Channel 4 - Return 4
Channel 5 - Bus 1
Channel 6 - Bus 2
Channel 7 - Bus 3
Channel 8 - Bus 4
Channel 9 - Master

The thing is, it's only visual. When I automated the mixer channels, even editors were showing the same as those from the master section, but the faders didn't move. That's the reason I think Bones never noticed it, since he records his automations, as far as I remember, and this is visual thing, has no impact on the sound being changed.

Now, on 7.916, all is as it should be, so I guess it has been fixed, otherwise it would still do that, but it doesn't.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby bones » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 pm

It still has to be a reasonably recent bug because it's never affected anything I've been doing, and we use channel fades enough that it would have come up before. If it's gone again, then there's no need to worry.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Return to Bug Reports