render 2 wav is buggy 7.62

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby suneel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:55 am

ya so another....this particular one i have mentioned before. but i want to know if it has been fixed, can the internal testers verify this

When you render2wav, it will add a few msecs gap in the beginning of the wav. So if you render any instrument or sample in between your sfs and import the wav in another sfs with the same temp, it will sound SHIT, because wav is off by msecs.

so i want to know if this bug is fixed ? and yes it is a bug because the wav file and the asio playback must be exactly the same.
suneel
Guru

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Dunno... works here.

I exported a drumloop [172 bpm] from one song, opened another one [which was 170, but made to be 172], placed it in AudioTrack, and it played as it should. Of course, the loop itself wasn't really looping, cause of the trails of some samples, so after fixing that, it was all good.

But, appart from that, I had no gaps on the beginning of the exported wav file. Wav file was 5.581 sec [measured in Sound Forge]... and Orion's Time shows 5.58 sec

Could it be the result of an effect? Like compressor with look-ahead thing. I know some effects cause the delay of the sound.... like delays on inserts (?!?!)

HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby epilogue » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Is Plugin Delay Compensation turned on? I haven't run into this one and I've done a TON of multirenders lately..
Phreque.com - Weapons-Grade Awesome.
epilogue
Elite Producer

Postby suneel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:08 pm

ah PDC, that was the reason. i turned it on and the wav is in synch now. thanks epi!

btw by turning PDC on my render2wav now takes longer time.
suneel
Guru

Return to Bug Reports