Bad bad bad BUG!

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby DaZoid » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Whenever I stream a track, I get a bad crack at the beginning, if there's a kick or whatever starting at ZERO! I'm really fed up with that bug now. It's always for years...

CKRACK!!!! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
DaZoid
Guru

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:24 pm

I used to get it too DaZoid, and recently it's been pretty good come to think of it? I notice some of the OP and/or other VST's give off a really bad DC Offset. And that maybe the cause? Or, it's driver related? I haven't done much with my ASIO, but I did have to reinstall it recently. And since then, I don't think I encountered any more 'pop intros' on my .WAV streams?

My other workaround at the time was to drag everything out 1 measure (don;t forget Events and Controllers!) and Stream. It's a drag for sure - but not entirely sure if it's Rich's problem or not?
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:29 pm

If it's DC offset that's causing it then a HP filter (e.g. the low cut filter) set to anything above 0Hz should help fix it.
Mark

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby epilogue » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:38 pm

This also sometimes happens if you haven't done a panic stop (Home key) before rendering after playing back - depends on your audio engine settings. Either reopen the song before rendering to "clean the slate" or hit Home before rendering.

- extra explanation - it usually does have to do with DC offset, especially if there are reverb/echo tails still being played back/processed while the rendering action starts the song - it's the "slopeless change" in volume/settings, if I understand correctly.
Phreque.com - Weapons-Grade Awesome.
epilogue
Elite Producer

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby DaZoid » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:49 pm

markholtuk wrote:If it's DC offset that's causing it then a HP filter (e.g. the low cut filter) set to anything above 0Hz should help fix it.

I don't want a workaround fix. I want the software to behave corretly. This is so essential, A fix should not even be considered.

k, .e/ but then O should reset correctly so it will not apprear.
Last edited by DaZoid on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaZoid
Guru

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:57 pm

DaZoid wrote:
markholtuk wrote:If it's DC offset that's causing it then a HP filter (e.g. the low cut filter) set to anything above 0Hz should help fix it.

I don't want a workaround fix. I want the software to behave corretly. This is so essential, A fix should not even be considered.

k, .e/ but then O should reset correctly so it will not apprear.

Then I shan't bother to help next time. I don't get the problem any more though I used to a long time back.
Mark

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby suneel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:30 pm

try with pdc on?
suneel
Guru

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby V/M » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:43 pm

I used to have this problem with the Arppe 2600 freeware synth. I'm in the habit now of leaving a few bars of silence at the beginning of each track, even though I haven't had the problem for a very long time. It got fixed somewhere along the line.. on the Orion side, because I'm still using the same version of arppe.
V/M
Professional

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby Richard » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:30 pm

If it happens inside some VST instrument or effect, there's no chance of ever fixing it... Orion cannot control that obv :| Few bars silence at beginning is always a good idea in such cases and trivial to do really.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Sounds like a workaround to me. That's not what he wants. Rich, you should be able to fix EVERYTHING damn it!
Mark

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby bones » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:07 am

DaZoid wrote:I don't want a workaround fix. I want the software to behave corretly. This is so essential, A fix should not even be considered.

This is something I have never encountered, so I'd suggest it's not necessarily a problem with ORION. If, as has been suggested, it's a DC Offset problem, which you will see immediately in any audio editor, then you need to fix it yourself. TobyBear has a good DC Killer plugin that works a treat. I only use it on offending channels but I suppose you could put it on a whole mix if you wanted to.
If you can fix it by having one or two empty bars at the start of the song, I'd suggest that makes it anything but a "bad bad bad bug", something not really worth much more than a minute or two of Rich's time. Who wouldn't want to fix their own problems, rather than wait for someone else to do it for them? You come across like a spoilt child.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby T-Breaks » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 am

I have that problem all the time. As a work around my songs start at bar #5 and I keep the first 4 bars silent and cut that noise in Audition.

I think it's a problem of the audio buffers which are not always empty when you stream and you get some noise at the start of the file.
Last edited by T-Breaks on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
T-Breaks
Regular

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby DaZoid » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:57 am

markholtuk wrote:[

Then I shan't bother to help next time. I don't get the problem any more though I used to a long time back.

No, no. thanks a lot, man! :-)

I think the load and immediately stream works.
Last edited by DaZoid on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaZoid
Guru

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby matthy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:59 am

it kinda sux really however like the rest says the Home (panic) button works fine as work around. ;)
Last edited by matthy on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did You Know you can download my albums on 1albums.com :cool: and you can promote your own there to ;)
http://www.myspace.com/djmatthy
matthy
Apprentice

Bad bad bad BUG!

Postby T-Breaks » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:14 am

If that panic button thing really works, then it should be easy to fix this problem. Just do the same thing automatically before the rendering starts.
T-Breaks
Regular

Next

Return to Bug Reports