Dune key hasnt worked properly

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune key hasnt worked properly

Postby mcfizza » Tue May 03, 2011 5:19 am

Hi,

My version of dune did work fine for a few projects but now it comes up that i have an illegal copy which i know is incorrect as i have the key that was emailed to me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still have same issue. Any help would be great thx....i miss that synth!!

Fizza
Keep It Fresh!!
mcfizza
Novice

Re: Dune key hasnt worked properly

Postby Richard » Tue May 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Uninstalling can be accomplished by deleting the "DuneSN" file in the following folder:

Home\Library\Application Support\Synapse Audio

This is mandatory for anyone who has a crack installed. Also delete the two files:

Macintosh HD\Library\Audio\Plug-Ins\VST\Dune.vst
Macintosh HD\Library\Audio\Plug-Ins\Components\Dune.component

Now install the legit version & you should be asked for the serial number once, when first launching DUNE.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby mcfizza » Wed May 04, 2011 3:54 am

Hi Richard,

I am using a pc not mac which i think the instructions were for. My version was downloaded from the synapse site also and i used the key which was emailed. I did not illegally download this program but still it says i have.
Any help with my pc issue would be great thanks.

Kind regards

Jim
Keep It Fresh!!
mcfizza
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu May 12, 2011 2:17 pm

In that case simply reinstall, and make sure you enter the *new* legit serial number during the install process. Re-save old projects or patches and you should be fine. Depending on the host you may have to replace old instances saved with an illegal version of Dune with fresh instances.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby atsmusic » Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 am

Richard you may be a little out of line here. I have NEVER installed a crack of DUNE on this computer or any other EVER. I am getting that same message with my lastest project. I have owned the legit version of this for a long time now and never got this message before. Something is wrong here and this project I am working on is screwed up now. I repeat, I have NEVER used a crack of DUNE, EVER!

This is with the latest version of FL Studio in case that helps.
atsmusic
Novice

Postby atsmusic » Tue May 24, 2011 9:03 am

How do I get this to work? Do I really have to uninstall and install again and then go through adding it again and all that. I swear on my life I never installed a crack of this EVER. The only serial I have used is the one I got when I bought it and the only place I downloaded it is from your site.
atsmusic
Novice

Postby Mark » Tue May 24, 2011 11:04 am

Can you give us any more details about what you might have been doing when this behaviour started? For instance, have you had a crash or virus infection? It appears something has tripped some code in to thinking that you have a crack when you say you don't (and I believe you). Also, any particular sound banks other than the factory set you might have been using at the time?

Best thing for now though is, as suggested, uninstall and reinstall to see if the problem goes away.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 24, 2011 1:41 pm

?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby atsmusic » Tue May 24, 2011 6:19 pm

Mark, I was just using it as normal, no extra banks. When I went to open my project again it gave me that warning. I will try to uninstall and install.
atsmusic
Novice

Postby atsmusic » Tue May 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Just reinstalled DUNE and had to replace the one I had (wiping out all my automation work). In the process of putting back in my automation but was pita. So far no further problems except that.
atsmusic
Novice

Postby Mark » Tue May 24, 2011 7:16 pm

atsmusic wrote:Mark, I was just using it as normal, no extra banks. When I went to open my project again it gave me that warning. I will try to uninstall and install.

Ok, hope it works out good. Let me know if it doesn't.
Mark

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)