Record style mixer

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Record style mixer

Postby BadDealings » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:07 am

I'd really like to see something like Propellerheads Record mixer in Orion, esp. the EQ part. Perhaps instead just reinventing the whole thing, Orion devs should model it after some well known consoles, like SSL or Midas.

Don't get me wrong, I like Orion's mixer for what it does. This mixer, esp. EQ section, was the reason I switched to Orion from FL Studio. It's great you can actually instantly see what EQ you edit in context of other tracks. But Record's mixer has much more advanced EQ section and after integrating this into Reason I think the competition will really run away. I promise I will buy 9.0 for this :)
BadDealings
Novice

Re: Record style mixer

Postby Kriminal » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 am

there are a load of dedicated mixer strip emualtions out there already, you can check them out

UAD, URS, etc etc
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby heks » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 am

Kriminal wrote:there are a load of dedicated mixer strip emualtions out there already, you can check them out

UAD, URS, etc etc

Wonder if it would be worth Richard's time to tweak Orions mixer strip to be a vst mixer strip + vst effect container? A possible new product, or is the market saturated already? What do you think :?
heks
Apprentice

Postby bones » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:07 am

A screenshot of that mixer doesn't fit on my HD monitor. Like most Propellerheads products, it takes no account of the reality of having to work with the damned thing. It's worse than useless and doesn't contain anything that you can't also have in Orion. If Orion got a Mixer like that, I'd stop using it.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Marcin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 am

I fully agree with bones.

@BadDealings - can You give a real good reasons why?
What is missed for You with current Orion's mixer?

Maby Reason's mixer makes *impression* about its size, only, but what about real usage of it in practice?
I don't see any point to have *many* stuffs which aren't really needed.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby BadDealings » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:41 am

Guys, plz disregard my opening post :)

Thank You for all Your replies and time took.

Looking closer at Record's mixer I realised Orion's mixer actually offers more advanced EQ section now :)
I was not trolling, but wrote the post based on friend's opinion, apparently he has not taken a closer look at Orion's mixer and was referring to the mixer planned for upcoming Reason version. And even the EQ part of this one is not that much more advanced than Orion's current.

What I basically meant was it's always nice to have more EQ under "hands on" control, to control more frequencies without adding plugins, straight in the mixer. You can have all editing of say, 2 crucial tracks, like kick + bass, clearly visible, next to each other if needed, and so easily experiment too. VST strips (plugins) don't offer that kind of convenience.

Screen space should not be a problem, because the "advanced" EQ section could be made hideable. I don't quite need to see the fx slots (esp. inserts) or panning regulators all the time, I may as well scroll or click hide/show for that.

all the best,
BadDealings
Novice

Postby Marcin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:28 am

@BadDealings - look again much closer and you'll see Master section too, moreover the Mixing Console... much more mastering/mixing possibilities in Orion. This should meet all your needs, and much more... :)
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby Atarax » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

BadDealings, if you're up for it you can make your own mixer layout. It's quite fun! Lately i haven't been making much music but more knobs and other bits using Knobman and Skinman. Creativity is creativity in any form. This form hurts hands more than ears .. change is nice :mrgreen:
Atarax
Novice

Return to Wishlist