Interbody Fusion

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Interbody Fusion

Postby kmatm » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:43 am

Started this while I was on my 7-week break. No drugs were involved, honest (also called Post-Op Dub 01). As always, all produced in Orion, I tried Brainworx bx XL to master, but in the end reverted to T-Racks.

http://soundcloud.com/subset-and-sonic-mayhem/interbody-fusion
kmatm
Apprentice

Re: Interbody Fusion

Postby Philippe Tavares » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:43 am

:D Yeah mannn !!!!

.. Don't have finished to listen to it yet and i already find it very nice ! I like this kind of " cool " tracks ! Very nice piece and your drums are so " real " !

Good work very well mixed !

Keep up the good vibes man ! :wink: Image
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby Philippe Tavares » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:54 am

:wink: i had already downloaded your October dub album , can't wait for this one now as it seems to be good too !
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby Christophe » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:39 pm

very very nice i love it the flute melody is so cool :cowboy:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby kmatm » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks guys, (nice little rasta man!).

I had to try a few variations of mixdown / mastering on this one, in the end had to roll the bass back a little in the mix as I started getting a bit of slight distortion when it came time to master.

Tried a few instruments on the flute as well, in the end went with an old soundfont I've had for years. Not as good as the real thing, but not too bad either.

I'm going to use this track as the basis for others, so there will be more dub to come! :)
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Christophe » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 am

kmatm wrote:I'm going to use this track as the basis for others, so there will be more dub to come! :)

what about sharing the dub delay with us ?
it is very nice and convincing !
which effect did you use ? native orion or vst ?
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby kmatm » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 am

I'm using 3 delays (two send and one insert) and two reverbs. All native Orion plugs other than one called Tal-Dub 2 which is on send3 with another Orion delay - it's free and you can find it here http://kunz.corrupt.ch/?Products:VST_TAL-DUB-II.

Below is a link to the .sfs file (Orion 8.5 Beta 2) with just the send effects and one insert delay. I've removed all other VSTs, master effects etc, and put the insert delay on a Sampler channel. Being an insert, you won't hear the initial notes you play, just the delay. It's set to a fairly long repeat, so don't over do this one.

The delay on Send1 has quite a long repeat as well. The reverb on Send2 can be quite large, I increase the instrument send to this subtely, if you've got nice chords in there it can fill the space well - probably not to be left wide open unless you want lots of booming reverb.

You'll see a few compressors on the insert/sends as well...

http://www.subset.com.au/stuff/InterbodyFusionDelaysAndReverbs.sfs
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Christophe » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:17 pm

thanks you very much !
you prove that our forum is very friendly and the music of our member is very good
i can't understand when new members don't see our kindness :(
Christophe

Postby Philippe Tavares » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:58 pm

:D Yeah very cool !!! we can use it as a template i guess !

i like the sound of the flute ! We can hear it's not a real flute but surely that's what makes its charm !

But if you want send us/me a midi file and i can try to give you wavs with other sounds of flute !

Or i can send you some sf2s .

:D
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby Philippe Tavares » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 pm

:) very cool , i've played/experimented around it with ...my " sounds" and "style" and it's really a funny/amazing effect ! Love it really !

We need a dx plugin waves flanger effect , i don't think it's a free effect . And i don't know which effect has been inserted by orion instead of this one .

Anyways it makes a very cool ambiance/atmosphere !
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby kmatm » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah a .sfs would be fine.

One thing that Orion doesn't do that's used a lot in dub (that I've been asking about for a while) is send a delay send back to itself, with an eq/filter over the repeating delay - very common dub effect.

ie, the ability to route sends/channels into another channel, or itself.

I usually render out a loop, create the effect in Live, and import back in just the delay effect into Orion.

Started a new track last night, a bit darker than this one, sounding good though.
kmatm
Apprentice

Return to Music & Stuff