Marker track for Orion

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Marker track for Orion

Postby Chrispy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 am

It's REALLY handy to be able to create markers in your song to show where the various verse/chorus elements are, and also to help navigation (click on a marker to jump straight to that point in the song, or double click between two markers to automatically set a loop).

You can work around it in Orion by adding a "fake" generator track (e.g. a sampler) as your first track and then creating dummy patterns and naming them "verse 1", "chorus 1" etc., dropping then on the playlist and sizing them accordingly, but it's not exactly the same...

Also, with a true marker lane it would be good to have it pinned to the top of the playlist so that if you scroll through to lower tracks (in a many track arrangement) it stays visible. With the workaround above the first track disappears from view.
Chrispy
Novice

Re: Marker track for Orion

Postby harddisco » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 pm

i do this using a midi out generator, because it has no mixer channel.
Win XP Home SP2 - AMD Phenom II x4 B35 (2.9GHZ x 4) - 2GB RAM

http://www.harddisco.co.uk
harddisco
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 pm

you can rename all patterns to whatever you want, so its easy to name all chorus patterns as 'chorus' and all intro patterns to 'intro' so you can easily see whats where, no need for markers
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Chrispy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Kriminal wrote:you can rename all patterns to whatever you want, so its easy to name all chorus patterns as 'chorus' and all intro patterns to 'intro' so you can easily see whats where, no need for markers

But what if I had a drum beat pattern that was used in both the verse and the chorus? I'd have to create two identical patterns just so I could name one "Verse" and the other "Chorus". Unless I'm misunderstanding you. Also, I'd prefer the patterns to be named after what they do ("4 on floor kick") rather than the position in the song they relate to ("chorus"). That's what I'd like a marker track for.
Chrispy
Novice

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Harddisco has a good solution!
Mark

Return to Wishlist