Dedicated mixer for multi-out plugins (DrumRack, Kontakt)

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dedicated mixer for multi-out plugins (DrumRack, Kontakt)

Postby DivinEviL616 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:35 am

When I load a multi-out put plugin I've noticed that anything beyond 2 or 4 channels becomes cumbersome and I find my self searching for channels to certain generators. I was ok with it all until I started Demoing Addictive Drums (which limits you to 4 sounds but still gives you 16 channels! lol) and realized that once I do decide on which mega drum sampler, it's gonna get hairy. Then I noticed Kontakt Player and it's number of outs...

I see it as a separate channel bank with a single channel representation on the main mixer.

I was also wondering if you ever planned on expanding the Psycho-astronomical themes. It seems it was once a fleeting idea at least. I've long studied Jung's work as well as comparative mythologies, that why a company named Synapse with a DAW called Orion was love at first site ;) lol If you want help with it or consulting on possibilities, I'm your guy. :)
DivinEviL616
Regular

Re: Dedicated mixer for multi-out plugins (DrumRack, Kontakt

Postby Christophe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 am

you have a solution in the setting generator you can hide unused chanel
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby DivinEviL616 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:26 am

Oh thank you for that, it will be very handy real soon! lol

But it's really a concern for when even when they are used. My next purchase will probably be a drum sampler with multi-outs probably up to eight, and like I was saying things get a little scattered when the channels go beyond about four. Am I missing another feature that allows me to rearrange the channels.

take this set up:

--01-- --02-- --03-- --04-- --05 etc... --12--
Ultran Wasp Toxic Kick Snare.... DUNE ---> and so on

Is there anyway to rearrange them in a manor that makes it easier to go back and forth from the synths and just push the drums to the side. Later on in the mixing phase I doubt this will be such a concern, but right now, my solution will probably be to simple manually assign the sliders on my controller as needed but the visual would be nice in the beginning stage of mixing.
DivinEviL616
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 am

DivinEviL616 wrote:Is there anyway to rearrange them in a manor that makes it easier to go back and forth from the synths and just push the drums to the side. Later on in the mixing phase I doubt this will be such a concern, but right now, my solution will probably be to simple manually assign the sliders on my controller as needed but the visual would be nice in the beginning stage of mixing.

You can do that in the playlist. Just arrange them in order you want, and mixer will follow.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby DivinEviL616 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 am

Cool :D
DivinEviL616
Regular

Return to Wishlist