Dune - osc retrigger

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune - osc retrigger

Postby abstrakt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:03 am

Dune is very capable of some heavy dirty bass, the reason I bought it was because there was hardly enough sonic difference between my now sold virus TI and DUNE to cry about, however dune like most other synths apart from a few (say sylenth) doesn't have a function to re-trigger the waveforms in the oscillators (it has a sync for osc 2 to osc 1 but osc 1 is still free) so you get phasing effects which pretty much means you have to bounce a sample and use a sampler which isn't convenient in this day and age.

It would be nice if it had a function like in sylenth where you can restart the oscs but still maintain any detune between the oscillators or the unison effect of the fat section.

As said sylenth has this feature but isn't as good sounding to my ears for bass and such a feature for DUNE would make the synth much more versatile because you wouldn't have to go through the agony of bouncing stuff down as soon as you get something sounding nice.

Hope you guys as synapse read this and implement such a cool feature, cheers. :cowboy:
abstrakt
Novice

Re: Dune - osc retrigger

Postby Lance » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:50 am

It's already implemented.

This tutorial is exactly for you:

http://dunesynth.wordpress.com/2010/12/ ... apse-dune/

Osc phases can be reset in DUNE, even shifted or modulated. You just have to explore the Mod Matrix. That's the real power of DUNE.
Lance
Guru

Re: Dune - osc retrigger

Postby ufo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Lance
That's great. Thanks.
I think this should go in the manual man!
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Return to Wishlist