Virtual Keyboard can't work

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Virtual Keyboard can't work

Postby badshah » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Virtual Keyboard can't work after Orion Crash. Also can't work preview any audio clip. I am fix this problem. but this is not proper solution. i always uninstalled this program and delete registry , then work. any body fix this problem.......... plzzzzzzzzzz .
badshah
Regular

Re: Virtual Keyboard can't work

Postby DivinEviL616 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:45 pm

I've been experiencing crashes while using the virtual keyboard and when I reopened it the octave was reset to the highest level but all I had to do was use F12 to turn it off and the F12 to turn it back on. I used the F key's because the menu option didn't solve the problem, it would still be set to that octave even after I turning it back on via the menu.

If you haven't tried that yet, I'd give that a shot.
DivinEviL616
Regular

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:22 pm

I've not had problems with the virtual keyboard and I use it a lot. Not even after crashes, which are admittedly rare. Any other info you can give that might help solve the problem?
Mark

Postby V/M » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:18 pm

after a crash, do you agree to set Orion to safe settings?
One of those is to turn off the "Engine Always On"
V/M
Professional

Postby badshah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:05 am

DivinEviL616 wrote:I've been experiencing crashes while using the virtual keyboard and when I reopened it the octave was reset to the highest level but all I had to do was use F12 to turn it off and the F12 to turn it back on. I used the F key's because the menu option didn't solve the problem, it would still be set to that octave even after I turning it back on via the menu.

Sir, i always use 'F' key. But it can't work after crash.
badshah
Regular

Postby badshah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:10 am

V/M wrote:after a crash, do you agree to set Orion to safe settings?
One of those is to turn off the "Engine Always On"
Sir, How to set Safe configuration?
badshah
Regular

Postby DivinEviL616 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 am

badshah wrote:
DivinEviL616 wrote:I've been experiencing crashes while using the virtual keyboard and when I reopened it the octave was reset to the highest level but all I had to do was use F12 to turn it off and the F12 to turn it back on. I used the F key's because the menu option didn't solve the problem, it would still be set to that octave even after I turning it back on via the menu.

Sir, i always use 'F' key. But it can't work after crash.

Well, then...I guess I tap out there.

But I can answer your question to V/M (though he should probably offer something I might not know or think to tell you). When you opened Orion after the crash you should have gotten a box mentioning that Orion didn't shut down properly, and asking if you'd like to configure to a safe setting.

If not, then...

Locate the setting V/M mentioned go here:

Menu Bar --> Options Tab --> Audio Out Settings

It should be listed here. There are also a few other options (located in the File tab) you can look at as well.

Hope that helps.
DivinEviL616
Regular

Return to Tips'n'tricks