Will Dune2 support Dune1 presets?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Will Dune2 support Dune1 presets?

Postby mcnoone » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:56 am

Hi.
Maybe a little early to ask, but I'm really hoping that Dune2 will still play Dune1 presets correctly.
Will this be the case?

Thanks.
:)
mcnoone
Novice

Re: Will Dune2 support Dune1 presets?

Postby Andy-b » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:32 am

Dune 2 ?

Did I miss something ?
:shock:
Andy-b
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Richard wrote: Next Dune version will probably be a separate DLL. While I can maintain patch compatibility any host automation could still break existing projects, if e.g. I change the parameter range of a knob or two. .....

That was back in August so.... :) If Dune version 2 doesn't load version 1 patches then they should call it something else......... :mrgreen:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby mcnoone » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:06 am

Teksonik wrote:
Richard wrote: Next Dune version will probably be a separate DLL. While I can maintain patch compatibility any host automation could still break existing projects, if e.g. I change the parameter range of a knob or two. .....

That was back in August so.... :) If Dune version 2 doesn't load version 1 patches then they should call it something else......... :mrgreen:

Okay then.
Thanks.
Any notion of a time frame for the Dune2 release date?
mcnoone
Novice

Postby bones » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:39 am

I doubt Rich is actively working on it. He just likes to get impressions on ideas he has. They sometimes morph into other things so its possible that what he was thinking of last August for Dune has become an entirely new synth. There is certainly no new alpha or beta versions around and AFAIK he is working on other things.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Knowing the internal workings of DUNE's fxp organisation somewhat, I can say that there's a lot of empty space available for new parameters without breaking the existing organisation so I think it likely that presets will be compatible in both directions IF the fxp stays the same size.

@bones, has Richard said to you, specifically, that he isn't working on DUNE 2? Does the fact that you haven't received an alpha or beta version mean one doesn't exist on his HDD?
Mark

Postby Richard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm working on it, conceptually D2 is largely finished [in my mind]- it will take some time though, it's not the next release to come, so expect Q3/Q4 this year or so. Most likely it will be backwards compatible, to which degree I don't know yet.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby mcnoone » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Richard wrote:I'm working on it, ...

Okay.
Thanks for clarifying that. I read your interview in CM magazine, and saw it mentioned.
I'm working on an extensive sound set for it, and would hate to have do it, if it's going to become obsolete or something.
Thanks again.
mcnoone
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)