PLEASE REDESIGN THE ARPEGIATOR....

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: PLEASE REDESIGN THE ARPEGIATOR....

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Richard wrote:I think we'll go for a more graphical sequencer in our next plugin- or MIDI Import, which may be even faster as you can sequence directly from your DAW's piano roll. I don't mind the current way in Dune though, some stuff is quite efficient to do, like setting velocities or tie. Furthermore it allows setting special parameters not available when using a MIDI clip- required by the Dynamic Mode in Dune, and potential future extensions like Accent or Slide.

About tracking, it's actually extremely fast and flexible when using the keyboard- but we can't rely on the keyboard input to get through, so we had to use the mouse, which is admittedly much slower.

So no plans for a true Arp along with the built in sequencer? Don't get me wrong I like the sequencer very much but an Arp that can be played and saved as part of a patch would be most welcome.........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Lance » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Lance wrote: those who can't play the Arp with their MIDI keyboard.

You can't play Dune's sequencer like a true Arp.....has nothing to do with "noobs"...... :roll:

Then rename it to a Sequencer in your mind.

Presets can be updated and you can program arps or sequences into DUNE if you want to play that 'whatever'.

Let's move on, pretty boring subject if you ask me. I couldn't care less, Rich might even dump the whole, I wouldn't mind. I can achieve the same results and better in a dozen of different ways, I don't need an onboard arp or sequencer.
Lance
Guru

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Lance wrote: you can program arps into DUNE if you want to play that 'whatever'.

No you can't. But you just don't understand that fact..........

Lance wrote:pretty boring subject if you ask me.

Nobody asked you..........

Lance wrote: I couldn't care less, Rich might even dump the whole, I wouldn't mind. I can achieve the same results and better in a dozen of different ways, I don't need an onboard arp or sequencer.

I couldn't care less what you need............
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Lance wrote:Let's move on, pretty boring subject if you ask me

ignore the thread and dont post then.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Lance » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Kriminal wrote:
Lance wrote:Let's move on, pretty boring subject if you ask me

ignore the thread and dont post then.

I just wanted to clear that overreacting of my opinion was unnecessary. Even if I'm not interested to discuss the subject further, I don't like if someone's misundertanding my view or projecting wrong intentions or aims into my posts. There weren't. Different opinion is not insulting. I was insulting to no-one in this thread. You don't like it either when someone's twisting your words and the intentions behind them. Let's not forget this is text communication, which is very limited, can be interpreted and projected in many ways and wrongly. I din't want to insult anyone, I posted my text in a neutral mood without any insulting aim. It's got misinterpreted, this is not face to face communication, not even voice communication which would help not to overreact innocent words. :)

Either way, if the 'Arp' or Sequencer will be improved or simplified, it's fine for me.
Lance
Guru

Postby Teksonik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 am

Lance wrote:If you can't play DUNE's Arp with a MIDI keyboard, that's user error. If you can't program fine arpeggios with it, that's user error too. DUNE isn't for synth noobs to program.

Just so you're aware.....the word Noob is offensive. Calling something "user error" is also offensive especially when it's clearly not user error....so it was not only irritating but incorrect as well.....

Just a heads up for the next time you want to communicate in text.......... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:14 am

Oh and you'll notice that the OP hasn't posted again. One post and done....I wonder why.........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Lance » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:31 am

Sorry but the "DUNE is not for synth noobs to program" line is very true and not offending. It's a complex beast to really dig into its possibilities. The words noob, newbie, user and error aren't banned here or on any normal forum board. It was a general statement, specific to no-one personally. I couldn't even know if the OP is an Arp expert or novice, probably not novice otherwise (s)he wouldn't ask for a redesign.

Objectively his/her first post was probably not much help for Rich. These short unspecified wishes are not much help for developers. We can know from the Orion wishes thread many new and non regular registrants just write some wishes and almost never return, don't specify, don't explain. Those wishes tend to be very short, non specific, containing no useful suggestions for the developer, let's be honest. It's like they think we can read their minds.

I've just checked the user info of the OP:

Last visited:
06 Mar 2012 07:41 pm

I encourage him or her to specify and detail the wish if (s)he want goodies according to his/her taste in the coming updates/products. :)

My neutrality toward the development of DUNE's Arp/Sequencer is blocking to no-one who wants improvements or changes at this area. It's the opposite and I'm not the guy to decide on those improvements and changes, I'm against of no-one's wishes here, despite this is a discussion board and we're free to oppose against others' wishes and views. So please appreciate this, you and the OP too. Now back fully on topic and I won't allow to discuss my person, usage of words and other minor and off things useless for feedback for the developer in this subject.
Lance
Guru

Postby Teksonik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Lance wrote:Sorry but the "DUNE is not for synth noobs to program" line is very true and not offending. It's a complex beast to really dig into its possibilities.

Is that why there is a new bank for Dune released what seems like almost every day? Dune's strength is in it's simplicity. It's very easy to get great patches from it even for "noobs". If you think Dune is complex you should stay away from Alchemy or Zebra......
Lance wrote:The words noob, newbie, user and error aren't banned here or on any normal forum board.

It doesn't matter if it's banned or not Noob is still offensive in the way you used it....Idiot isn't banned either but surely you can understand it is offensive.......
Lance wrote: Now back fully on topic and I won't allow to discuss my person, usage of words and other minor and off things useless for feedback for the developer in this subject.

You won't "allow"? Now you're going to use your Moderator authority when you get backed into a corner? Understand one thing Lance. Your posting style is very abrasive, condescending and arrogant. I'll chalk that up to the fact that you are not a native English speaker but understand that you do have a tendency to irritate people.....The OP has not posted since his first and only post here.......you figure out why........

So back on topic.......How about a true Arp for Dune? (The question is for the developer not you Lance).....
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)