Gui Question

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Gui Question

Postby Richard » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Teksonik wrote:Not a huge difference in size but a difference in realism in my opinion.....

It's a rather big difference in size, both in terms of width as well as element size (look at the fader). Realism can only be achieved by making things huge, there is no other way.

FWIW I wouldn't mind such a skin at all, when Orion's mixer is set to hidden EQ, it would be usable on smaller screen resolutions and look great too :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Teksonik wrote:Not bad but not close either...........Again look at the Mute Solo buttons and the Buss selectors.......

I didn't make it, I just ported it into a skin for Orion.
I think Lance should recognize it... I think.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 pm

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Not bad but not close either...........Again look at the Mute Solo buttons and the Buss selectors.......

I didn't make it, I just ported it into a skin for Orion.
I think Lance should recognize it... I think.

Pretty S1-ish, if that's what you mean.

It's nice and seems practical for me, maybe the knobs might be S1-ish too (like at the native FX there), softer, less shiny.

Personally I like eye candy for music software GUI too. I like to see nice GUIs, and e.g. nice to look at new products' screenshots, which looks professional and pleasing, but on the long run it's the practicality and usability which count. It's pretty easy to get bored even with the best looking GUIs.
Lance
Guru

Postby Teksonik » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Richard wrote:It's a rather big difference in size, both in terms of width as well as element size (look at the fader). Realism can only be achieved by making things huge, there is no other way.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Yes please do look at the faders. They're not that different in size. Look at the Mute Solo buttons. It's just a matter of style.

By my measurement including the shadows the Reaper fader is 21x39 and the Orion default is 19x33. I don't think the difference in realism is in 8 pixels......

Richard wrote:FWIW I wouldn't mind such a skin at all, :)

Well at least we can agree on that...... :D
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:50 am

Lance wrote:Pretty S1-ish, if that's what you mean.

Yep, exactly what I mean :D
I got the demo and ported the look to Orion... mixer/master, scrollbars and transport bar so far. Did the same with OhmStudio, though that one didn't came out that good as this one.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby V/M » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am

Teksonik wrote:
V/M wrote:I might even take up the challenge this summer. I'll start with something small like monobass and move up.
I wouldn't even bother with the generators and fx start with the mixer and toolbars and move down from there........ :)

it's mental, really.. i need to go through the process and prove to myself i can do it before i invest the time to do the mixer. My idea was more to knock out a little one and then jump up to the mixer.
V/M
Professional

Postby Teksonik » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:51 pm

V/M wrote:it's mental, really.. i need to go through the process and prove to myself i can do it before i invest the time to do the mixer. My idea was more to knock out a little one and then jump up to the mixer.

Well ok Monobass could use a facelift.......... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Wishlist