Cannot automate mod wheel for DUNE in FL studio

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Cannot automate mod wheel for DUNE in FL studio

Postby devaram » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Fl studio does not recognize the mod wheel in my dune synth at all does not show in the window at the top left corner either cannot do automation. The daw recognizes all the other controls on the synth except the mod wheel. I think I have the latest version of dune bought about two months ago.
To be specific I am trying to create an automation clip by clicking on tools>last tweeked>create automation clip
The daw creates a clip for whatever was tweeked before the mod wheel, it does not see the mod wheel at all.
I just download the latest version again and it still does not work.
I dont believe fl studio is the problem here as the daw recognizes all the other controls and the mod wheel on other synths..
devaram
Novice

Re: Cannot automate mod wheel for DUNE in FL studio

Postby Teksonik » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 pm

You're the one who posted this at KVR right? Like I said there I can automate Dune's Mod Wheel using Clips in FL with no problem. I'm not sure what you mean....... :?

EDIT: Ok I've got it now. If I tweak Dune's Mod Wheel using the Mod Wheel on my Midi Controller it does show up in Tools/Last Tweaked/Create Automation Clip but if I just move the Mod Wheel on Dune's GUI with my mouse pointer it does not show up. Not sure where the problem lies with Dune or FL......

Hopefully Rich will pop in with an answer........ :)

In the meantime you can of course go to the Browser/Current Project/Dune and find Midi CC # 1 and right click create an Automation clip from there.........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby devaram » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah well thats the thing is that I cant tweek the mod wheel on the soft-synth to get an automation clip but every other control on the synth automates just fine just not the one control that you would want to automate he he.
Anyway I was hoping that somebody would give me an alternative way to do it as you mentioned through the browser>current project so that was much appreciated at least I can get the job done!
Thanks!
devaram
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:16 am

You're welcome. Hopefully that workaround will get it done for you in the meantime. Let's see what Rich says on the subject. Maybe Dune's mod wheel doesn't send parameter info to the Host from the GUI? That's the only thing I can think of since it works when tweaking the wheel from a midi controller.
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)