Dune 3.512 MM + MSEG Rate

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3.512 MM + MSEG Rate

Postby Sirous » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:46 pm

In this preset nothing happens when I move the Modwheel though it should? (The MSEG Rate is linked to Modwheel)
I also did test to use another MSEG instead of MW but it's the same, nothing changes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sirous
Novice

Re: Dune 3.512 MM + MSEG Rate

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:31 am

Possibly because MSEG1 is set to control a global FX parameter, in this case EQ1 HC. If you set the destination to filter cutoff you can then hear the change in speed and this should be similar to what you were trying to achieve with EQ1 HC.
Mark

Postby Sirous » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:07 pm

Yeah, I did that because the usual Filters in one preset were already all in use, that's why I've checked for another solution and did it this way :)

Later that day I've decided for some other Modwheel settings but would be good if this would work. Could be useful to create some nice effects and other stuff also.
Sirous
Novice

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Is the Filter FX being used in that patch? If not, you could try the LPFs in there or the light distortion which also has a LPF within.
Mark

Postby Sirous » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:40 am

It's not being used but I've decided to use the MW for something else, also in this preset after the Filter FX comes a distortion effect and other stuff so it does not sound good too use it (ofc also the main filters would then).
I've mainly wanted to tell that there might be a bug why it does not work and could be useful to have it combined with a modulated rate but thank you for the ideas Mark (:
Sirous
Novice

Return to Bug Reports