Dune 3 lock out

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 lock out

Postby kadams » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:36 am

Screenshot (146).png

Had to uninstall dune due to a systemic file corruption . ( frozen trash widow that was full of Genetics rejects and would not delete)
Original issues grew out of m4l / ableton known ( dead effects screen syndrome now rectified.)
Clean out registry editor of any rements of Synapse files before a "refresh" of windows 10 install was completed.
....no lost app files but everytime I run installation file for dune ( most recent program download from site)
this window error shows ( see screenshot provided)
Ive searched thru out the explorer window for hidden dune file fragments to delete... all I could find was a few bin files added aften several install attempts to install found in the Programdata file.

I'm stumped as to " why" this error message and why isnt it loading what am i missing? thanks
system info op sys- windows 10 (updated)
mboard- asrock z270 pro
chip i7-7600 3.4(???)
( DAW never gets above 20% cpu)
Ableton 11 suite
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kadams
Novice

Re: Dune 3 lock out

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:25 pm

Hi,

welcome to the forum!

Do you run the installer as admin or as a restricted user?

Also check your AV security settings. If set too high this can cause installers to fail. Lastly, please make sure the user/documents folder exists and can be accessed. If not, then something is wrong with your Windows installation.

Richard
Richard
Synapse Audio

Re: Dune 3 lock out

Postby kadams » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:47 pm

Thank You ! Richard
for the welcome and checklist walkthru....
Findings are as you stated -
check your AV security settings

First time encounters with this type of windows install error message ... semian grunt....
So... turning off firewalls does not mean you can access uploads.......
Where the problem laid was several tiers lower under virus /threat protection widow and then.....
under the ransomware protection heading
then were controlled folder access.....if switched to "on".....
as administrator it refused outside access to any new %userprofile% \( insert fold type )
Dune is up and running! again thanks
Kevin
kadams
Novice

Return to Bug Reports