[Solved] Dune3 Crashing FL Studio Upon Export

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

[Solved] Dune3 Crashing FL Studio Upon Export

Postby gualabeatz » Sat May 27, 2023 7:45 pm

Hey,

Recently dl'ed Dune3. Plugin works great when making beats. When I try to export wav / mp3 in FL Studio, it immediately crashes when hitting export. A file is created with no sound. Same thing happens when I try to export within the project itself as well. Tried redownloading dune and fl studio (v21.0.3) already.

Please help! Only vst this happens with
gualabeatz
Novice

Re: Dune3 Crashing FL Studio Upon Export

Postby Teksonik » Sun May 28, 2023 1:41 pm

I use FL Studio 21.0.3 build 3517 and I don't have this issue. I just ran a quick test on this system and it rendered just fine. Renders on my studio computer have also worked flawlessly.

I'll need some more information. What bit depth are you exporting your wave files at and what resampling quality etc? Are you using the VST 2 or VST 3 version? What operating system?

If you can post a screenshot of your Render dialog window and perhaps a test project file for me to try that would help.

When you say recently downloaded I assume you mean from your account here at Synapse Audio.

I have to leave for awhile but I'll be back in a few hours and see if I can help further.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sun May 28, 2023 3:20 pm

gualabeatz wrote:
Recently dl'ed Dune3.

Full version or demo version?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sun May 28, 2023 5:24 pm

That's a good question. I don't know if the demo allows you to render audio but I also don't know if there is a way for it to crash FL Studio when attempting to render.

To be honest, FL build 3517 has gotten a bit wonky here. Nothing to do with Rendering or DUNE 3 but I got three crashes yesterday with a plugin I've been using without issue for years including in build 3517. The plugin itself was not updated so I'm not sure what's going on.

I also had a project completely lock up while the audio was playing. I could not stop the playing and clicking on any part of the GUI did nothing. I had to ctrl-alt-del to shut FL down. That's never happened before.

I've reported it to IL but their support is pretty much "unplug it and plug it back in" level these days.

Anyway if this guy comes back I can copy his render settings and see if I can duplicate his issue but again Render has been without problems here with this version of FL.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Synth-thetic » Tue May 30, 2023 8:06 pm

gualabeatz wrote:Hey,

Recently dl'ed Dune3. Plugin works great when making beats. When I try to export wav / mp3 in FL Studio, it immediately crashes when hitting export. A file is created with no sound. Same thing happens when I try to export within the project itself as well. Tried redownloading dune and fl studio (v21.0.3) already.

Please help! Only vst this happens with

Posting here instead of making a new topic.

I can confirm I am also having the same issue with the newest build of DUNE v3.540 (Full version) in FL Studio v21.0.3 build 3517.
I tried rolling back Dune to v3.520 and it works without any issues.
Synth-thetic
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 30, 2023 9:41 pm

Ok same question. Can you post a screenshot of your render settings? I'll copy your settings then try to duplicate the issue. I'm not having the issue here on two different systems so there's got to be some reason for that and settings would be a good place to start.

If you report an issue it helps to provide as much information as possible. You can start with which operating system you use.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Synth-thetic » Tue May 30, 2023 9:53 pm

Screenshot attached.

I have just tried this on two other systems and both have the same error on attempting to render a pattern or full track as on my main machine. Also as before, I have no such problems when reverting to v3.520 on both alternate machines.

Edit: I use Windows 10 on all three machines. I use VST3 versions of any plug-in when and where I can. I also own The Legend and Obsession, both up-to date and without issue. No other issues with any of my other plug-ins before or after updating, including in previous builds of FL Studio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Synth-thetic on Tue May 30, 2023 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synth-thetic
Novice

Postby Synth-thetic » Tue May 30, 2023 10:07 pm

Teksonik wrote:If you report an issue it helps to provide as much information as possible. You can start with which operating system you use.

I understand providing information on my system configuration would help however in how much detail would be necessary?
I could sit here and list an essay length documentation on my machines specifications but I feel any relevant information would be lost in all the noise.
Synth-thetic
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed May 31, 2023 12:03 am

Synth-thetic wrote:I use VST3

There you go that's the kind of info that's needed. I can duplicate the error message using the VST 3 version. I never use VST 3 unless there is no VST 2 version. The fact that you're on Windows 10 is also helpful since so am I and if you were on Mac I couldn't help. The screenshot of the error message will no doubt be helpful to the developers as well. Other than that I don't think any other system specs would be needed at this point.

Can you check and see what is the modified date for the VST 2 version? Mine shows 08-30-22 here even after repeated re-installs from the package downloaded today. VST 3 version shows as 3.540
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Synth-thetic » Wed May 31, 2023 12:37 am

Teksonik wrote:
Synth-thetic wrote:I use VST3

There you go that's the kind of info that's needed. I can duplicate the error message using the VST 3 version. I never use VST 3 unless there is no VST 2 version. The fact that you're on Windows 10 is also helpful since so am I and if you were on Mac I couldn't help. The screenshot of the error message will no doubt be helpful to the developers as well. Other than that I don't think any other system specs would be needed at this point.

Can you check and see what is the modified date for the VST 2 version? Mine shows 08-30-22 here even after repeated re-installs from the package downloaded today. VST 3 version shows as 3.540

My VST2 also shows a modified date of 30th August, 2022.

Having read through the changelog for v3.540 it's looks as though the changes were for Ableton users, nothing else appears to have changed from the previous build v3.520 so I see no reason to update from it right now.

I did try v3.540 on an evaluation copy of REAPER, exported/rendered out a tune just fine without error so it's possible this issue is only affecting FL Studio users.
Synth-thetic
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed May 31, 2023 1:13 am

Ok thanks so the VST 2 was unchanged since last year, only the VST3 got an update which explains why only the VST 3 version causes the crash in FL Studio. I lost track of the update history.

I'm sure Richard and Marcin will see this thread and comment as soon as possible. :)

In the meantime you can try this test. Choose "Use Fixed Size Buffers" on FL's plugin wrapper troubleshooting tab. Works here, no error message and rendering works fine. Turn off Fixed Size Buffers and the error message comes back.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Richard » Wed May 31, 2023 6:54 am

Thank you for the report!

I believe we have found the issue, it seems to be FLS-specific and happens with non-fixed size buffers as Teksonik wrote. We'll post an update very soon :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Kriminal » Wed May 31, 2023 8:29 am

I believe U-he have the same problem, but haven't fixed it yet. Tek reported it, Urs banned him :lol:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Wed May 31, 2023 1:40 pm

Richard wrote:I believe we have found the issue, it seems to be FLS-specific and happens with non-fixed size buffers as Teksonik wrote. We'll post an update very soon :)

Great! Yes the FL fixed size buffer issue is a pain for plugin developers but I don't think IL will ever change their minds. Or it's so deeply coded in to FL Studio they just can't fix the behavior.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Richard » Wed May 31, 2023 4:23 pm

Issue has been fixed, v 3.550 is up :)

Teksonik wrote:
Richard wrote:I believe we have found the issue, it seems to be FLS-specific and happens with non-fixed size buffers as Teksonik wrote. We'll post an update very soon :)

Great! Yes the FL fixed size buffer issue is a pain for plugin developers but I don't think IL will ever change their minds. Or it's so deeply coded in to FL Studio they just can't fix the behavior.

We can support variable buffers without a problem, the issue is just that FLS is the only host with that behavior. So bugs related to variable buffers are easy to overlook. On the upside, one could argue it is a good stress test :D
Richard
Synapse Audio

Next

Return to Bug Reports