Trying to run Dune CM on MUSE Receptor 2+

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Trying to run Dune CM on MUSE Receptor 2+

Postby ataritt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:25 am

Hi,

I have been trying to get Dune CM running on a MUSE Research Receptor 2+.

When i place the DUNE CM.dll into the Receptor's install folder it seems to install allright, but when i try to open DUNE CM on one of the Receptors channels i get this message, "No Registry Entry Found", and the Receptor freezes and needs a reboot.

Is there any way around this? I have installed some other Synapse Audio plugins that i own onto the Receptor and they run really well, only DUNE CM seems to be giving me these problems. I have tried using the Beat magazine version DUNE BE.dll and i get exactly the same problem as with the CM version.

Some of the other plugins that work really well on the MUSE Research Receptor 2+ are, Hydra, Junglist, Plucked Strings and XPoly.

I would really like to get DUNE CM running on the Receptor 2+ as i really like the plugin. :D

Thanks
ataritt
Novice

Re: Trying to run Dune CM on MUSE Receptor 2+

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 am

You need to run the installer to get it to put entries into registry.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby ataritt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:15 am

Hi Hypnagogia,

Thanks for the reply, but the Receptor doesn't install plugins that way.

It needs to have the plugin's .dll dropped straight into a particular folder and then the receptor installs it in its own way from there.

Is there perhaps a straight .dll file of Dune CM or Dune BE that doesn't require using the synapse installer? With the other synapse plugins i mentioned, all i did was drop the .dll into the folder i just mentioned and they installed great.
ataritt
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 pm

For all of the other Synapse instruments you've mention, you've had to run the installer at least once at some point for them to work. The purpose of the installer is to write registry entries and prompt for serial numbers where those are required, which are also written in registry.

You could run the installer, and install into the folder you need it to be, and then let Receptor do it's own thing. But the bottom line is: you need to run the installer.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby ataritt » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 am

Ok, thanks,

I will try as you suggest and run the installer and install into the folder i need it to be in.

Cheers
ataritt
Novice

Return to Bug Reports