DUNE 2 Save Patch problem

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 2 Save Patch problem

Postby rank1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:07 am

Hi!

First of all, i want to say that Dune2 is one f**** awesome synth. Filters and envelopes make great plucks. I was searching for Sylenth1 alternative since its not 64bit. I came across Dune 2 and i tried demo. I decided within 30 minutes of use. I had to make screenshots of all pages so that i could save patch in full version :D.

OK anyway it seems i found some bug regarding saving a patch. Whenever i load a patch and i alter it, then i want to save it, it doesnt save it (asterisk * stay at the end of patch name). After trying with stock patches, it looks like saving works. Im guessing there is a problem with a patch name being too long. I have patch names longer than 30 characters.

Other small ui bug i found: if you click on a patch name and select some other patch from the list and then switch patches by arrow buttons and then click on patch name to view patch list, the selected patch is the one clicked at the start, not the one currently loaded.

Hope you take a look :)
rank1
Novice

Re: DUNE 2 Save Patch problem

Postby rank1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 pm

I found out that this "bug" appears in Ableton Live 9 (64-bit) and Logic X (64-bit), while Logic 9 (32-bit) can resave any patch with any length. :?
rank1
Novice

Postby rank1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:32 pm

I found another weird patch edit bug. For some reason i cant edit Patch Description of some patches i made. I can type new description but when i press enter it stays the same as before. This is happening in 32bit version because i cant use 64bit version for editing patches (see first and second post).

Im also a little disappointed about developers no-response at bugs forum..
rank1
Novice

Postby Marcin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:02 am

if you click on a patch name and select some other patch from the list and then switch patches by arrow buttons and then click on patch name to view patch list, the selected patch is the one clicked at the start, not the one currently loaded

Fixed in the next update.

Whenever i load a patch and i alter it, then i want to save it, it doesnt save it

This one we can't reproduce so far. Do you have access rights to write to the target directory?

For some reason i cant edit Patch Description

That's strange too. Could you send to us some of these patches (mail sent via PM).
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby Yorrrrrr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:07 am

Marcin wrote:
For some reason i cant edit Patch Description

That's strange too. Could you send to us some of these patches (mail sent via PM).

There are vst 'wrappers', such as the one in FL Studio, which allow to set it to 'not allow keyboard focus'. DUNE 2 should 'steal' keyboard focus so editing of the patch description is possible. But if the DAW/wrapper is preventing it, it won't be possible at all.
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Postby Marcin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 am

We found the problem, and it was an OS X issue only. The fix will come with the next update.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports