Modulation sources not in snyc

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Modulation sources not in snyc

Postby Teksonik » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Here's a very unscientific test. Lot's of room for human error, slight difference in patches etc but this audio file shows DUNE 2 first and Sylenth second. Both set as closely as possible to the same patch. I'd say it's at least worth having Rich take a look at the issue and see what he says.....

Dune and Sylenth Mod Test

By the way how to do get audio files to play here without them being on soundcloud ?
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Kriminal wrote:i tried your preset, it seems perfectly in sync here. Played all kinds of off beat chords etc... :?

Strange.... what DAW do you use?
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Cinebient » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Teksonik wrote:Here's a very unscientific test. Lot's of room for human error, slight difference in patches etc but this audio file shows DUNE 2 first and Sylenth second. Both set as closely as possible to the same patch. I'd say it's at least worth having Rich take a look at the issue and see what he says.....

Dune and Sylenth Mod Test

By the way how to do get audio files to play here without them being on soundcloud ?

Exact what i mean... thank you!
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:47 pm

PPQ ? I wonder if our Pulse Per Quarter Notes setting make a difference ? I used Reaper to record that example at 960 PPQ.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Cinebient wrote:Exact what i mean... thank you!

To be honest I did the test expecting to prove you wrong but the results were surprisingly different than what I expected. Like I said it's a far from scientific test....certainly nothing that would stand up in court...... :lol: I could easily be doing something wrong or missing something obvious.

But anyway I'm convinced that Rich should at least me made aware of the issue and comment. It couldn't hurt.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Exact what i mean... thank you!

To be honest I did the test expecting to prove you wrong but the results were surprisingly different than what I expected. Like I said it's a far from scientific test....certainly nothing that would stand up in court...... :lol: I could easily be doing something wrong or missing something obvious.

But anyway I'm convinced that Rich should at least me made aware of the issue and comment. It couldn't hurt.

Sorry to dissapoint you :roll:
I could go even further when i modulate now the second LFO with the third and the third LFO with a MSEG etc.... Then it goes really wild. I like to do such modulations because drawing such complex envelopes via one MSEG is not possible. Or there is a hidden "detune" modulation sources feature :D
Of course it would be not the worlds end but i just like to know if it's possible. So i could leave that idea for now. I mean if an experienced like you didn't know how should a bloody noob like me :mrgreen:
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Using Voice as a modulation source should enable modulation 'detune'.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Cinebient wrote:Sorry to dissapoint you :roll:

I'm never disappointed in results as long as they are fair and accurate. I think the test was fair....accurate could be open to interpretation............
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:35 am

So i tryed everything i could imagine (with my limited experience)... no chance to work around.
If it's a bug or just the architecture of the synth engine i just can' t do such things inside Dune2. How i said, not the world's end.
Dune2 has some other things no other synth can do. It's still in my Top 3 list :D
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:18 pm

You know it might not hurt to contact Kevin Schroeder and ask him what he thinks of the issue. He seems to have mastered DUNE 2 quite well judging by his patches so he might have an idea.

https://www.facebook.com/KevinSchroeders

Even if you don't do Facebook you should be able to find a contact method with a little detective work.

By the way his picture really shocked me. Not what I expected him to look like................... :P
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Like i said, it works as expected here. Everything is synced and stays in sync.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Can you post the patch ? I'll run the same test vs Sylenth using that patch.................
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Me? I posted it on p1. I also tried his patch. Worked fine.
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:38 pm

Your patch is LFO to Filter. His is LFO to Osc Amp. Anyway I'll test it in Reaper. You can hear the results of the first test listed above.

We're talking about playing in real time from a midi controller right ?

EDIT: Ok that patch plays as expected but you've 1/1 selected for both LFO's and Sine Wave for LFO 2. Changing it to the same values as his original patch makes it a bit wonky when playing from a keyboard.

Anyway it wouldn't hurt to have Rich comment on this issue.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:33 pm

I tried many diff settings, playing live and programming. Mine and his patch both stayed in sync.
Kriminal
Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports