The Legend x64 VST2 fails to load on several VST hosts

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: The Legend x64 VST2 fails to load on several VST hosts

Postby puranon » Fri May 08, 2020 3:36 pm

Teksonik wrote:I don't own any version of Cubase but 9.5 was released in November of 2017. The latest version 10.5 was released in December of 2019.

Maybe try updating.

Other than that I haven't seen anyone else other than the three people in this thread report that The Legend fails to load in the four years since it's been released.

That tells me it's probably something with your systems or setups. It's never failed to load here in multiple DAWs on several systems running Win 7 and Win 10.

Newer and older Cubase versions its the exact same issue. A system issue doesn't explain why Legend loads while LegendFX fails.

Also failing in Metaplugin 3.4.6 by DDMF.
https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/

Something changed in 1.3.1 that made this old issue worse (100% failure rate), but only in Legend FX. We always suspect it was some kind of RAM allocation bug because loading an Arturia VST3 FX in series before LegendFX would usually cure the problem.
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri May 08, 2020 3:55 pm

puranon wrote: A system issue doesn't explain why Legend loads while LegendFX fails.

It does if the FX version loads on some systems and not others.

I own a Metaplugin license so will try loading Legend FX later.....
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby puranon » Mon May 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Where is the OP?
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon May 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Hasn't been back in over three years. He must have figured it out.......

By the way I tested in Metaplugin but the older version 2 and LegendFX loads just fine....

LegendFX 051120.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby puranon » Mon May 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks. Something must be occurring at system level. Is your DAW online?
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 12, 2020 12:44 am

Yes my DAWs are online.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby M-Prod » Tue May 12, 2020 5:28 am

I have had crashing and not loading issues because I renamed my preset folder. I named it back (luckily knew the exact name) and the crashes are gone. Also my presets are located on a Dropbox folder. I have had issues before when that folder was not synced but was present on my machine (it's called online only, meaning the folder and file locations are searchable but the content has to be synced with the online version when you actually want to use the file). Hope this helps
M-Prod
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 12, 2020 4:42 pm

That's a good point.

It's never a good idea to change anything in the install path of any plugin. Leave things where the plugin expects them to be and that goes for any plugin from any developer.

Don't move the .dll after installing, don't change the path where the presets and skin files etc are saved, don't rename anything.

On Windows 10 The Legend expects its support files to be in Documents>Synapse Audio>Legend

I have a feeling this has something to do with some people reporting issues with loading while the vast majority of users do not experience such issues.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby puranon » Fri May 15, 2020 5:21 pm

vst2 .dll in either or

C:\Program Files(86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

C:\Program Files(86)\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
Last edited by puranon on Fri May 15, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri May 15, 2020 5:25 pm

What about the support files?

Legend 051520-1.png

Do you have multiple instances of the .dll installed in different locations ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby puranon » Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

everything default
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri May 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Do you have any Anti-Ransomware software that has locked access to your Documents folder ?

I'm just going through a list of possible causes.

If we break it down you've either discovered an obscure bug going all the way back to 2016, there is something in your system or configuration causing the issue or it's user error.

Since I'm a frequent user of The Legend if there is a bug no matter if it effects me or not I'd like to help find it but at this point I simply can't reproduce the issue and the lack of other reports beyond a handful of users points to it being something not bug related.

I could see it possibly being an issue with 1.31 since it hasn't been out that long but if this issue goes all the way back to 2016 there is something else at play

Of course I could be wrong but simply taking the evidence at hand it does appear to be a system specific issue.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bones » Sun May 17, 2020 10:36 am

puranon wrote:Last was Win7. Now is Win 10. Cubase 9.5. No other plugin in the same file path fails.

Yeah, by this time you have to see that the problem is yours and not the plugin's. I have been using The Legend in Cubase for more than a year now and it has never given me any problems at all. When your problems were with unusual hosts, it might have been reasonable to assume the problem was in the plugin but if you can't make it work on Cubase, it is clear that the problem lies with your system or the way you work. You are going to have to provide all the information you can to help get to the bottom of things.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby puranon » Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 pm

bones wrote:
puranon wrote:Last was Win7. Now is Win 10. Cubase 9.5. No it might have been reasonable to assume the problem was in the plugin but if you can't make it work on Cubase, it is clear that the problem lies with your system or the way you work. You are going to have to provide all the information you can to help get to the bottom of things.

If the system is at fault, why is Legend VSTI working?

A link to the older builds would help eliminate things.
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu May 21, 2020 5:34 am

From the 5th of November 2018:

puranon wrote:The issue is exclusive to Legend. No other VST plugin or synth refuses to load.
Current Legend version 1.24
Current LegendFX version 1.22

Like I said I'm not sure how older versions are going to help with an issue you've been having since 2018.

If it's not a system issue why haven't more people reported it in nearly 2 years ? Why can't the developers or any one of us reproduce the issue ?

There has to be a reason you're experiencing the issue and we're not but we're all using the same Plugin so.....
Teksonik
Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports