Bugs on Dune 3

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Bugs on Dune 3

Postby Oberheim » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:44 pm

I found some bugs on Dune 3

1. On WT oscilators when Interpol is 0 or less then 100% and note is hold on, then WT position never reach 100%. That means it never play last wave table. Only if I retrig note. You can hear how it change wave table position while you play constant note, turn WT position to 0% and back to 100 and then Interpol in to 0%.

2. If Interpol is 0 and you move with TW position there are clicks or crack sounds when table is change. For example Serum dont do this clicks.

3. Second filter SK Hipass and Bandpass didn't change resonance when note is playing. Only after retrig note. Only as second filter. If SK Hipass or Bandpass is on first filter section, it is ok.

4. When change density to 3, 5, 7, 9 ... and max detune, last line (on the right side) which represent distance between voices (on Graphic density representation) dissapear.
Oberheim
Novice

Re: Bugs on Dune 3

Postby Richard » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Thank you for the bug reports!

1. Yes true. Can be fixed, though tbh I'm not sure how this would make much of a difference in practice. Wavetable Interpolation with a value < 100% is only ever useful in combination with modulation.

2. When Interpolation is set to less than 100%, especially 0%, the transitions between waveforms are hard. That is the whole purpose of this parameter, it allows to do sounds like the early hardware Wavetable synthesizers could do. Depending on the choice of the wavetable/waveforms, this can still sound rather smooth, and some interesting sounds can be programmed this way. On waveforms with few harmonics like a sine wave, however, it may cause clicks. If you prefer smooth transitions, just leave the Wavetable Interpolation at 100% (the default).

3+4. True we could reproduce this, will be fixed :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Re: Bugs on Dune 3

Postby Oberheim » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Richard wrote:2. When Interpolation is set to less than 100%, especially 0%, the transitions between waveforms are hard. That is the whole purpose of this parameter, it allows to do sounds like the early hardware Wavetable synthesizers could do.
Yes, I am aware of this purpose, I wanted only write, the click sound between hard Interpolation is annoying. Serum vsti for instance dont have this clicks sounds even between waves with few harmonics.

Richard wrote:Wavetable Interpolation with a value < 100% is only ever useful in combination with modulation.
Dont tried it with modulation, but I found same problem with modulation as I tested it now. That means even with modulation it never reach last table and modulation to 100. Only MSG with one hit can do that. If I set MSG to loop, it never reach last w.table.
Oberheim
Novice

Return to Bug Reports