Multiple bugs and things not working as expected

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Multiple bugs and things not working as expected

Postby New Loops » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:16 pm

I've now made over 60 presets in Dune 3. Many of them are very complicated with a lot of modulation. Some of them big sequences using 6 voices! I have been sharing some of my findings on the forum but figured I should be making a list of bugs and things that don't seem to work as expected.

1. I can't type a capital (uppercase) letter R in the description!!!
2. Sometimes after editing a description the text gets messed up until I re-save the patch.
3. I can't modulate an envelope RATE with mod wheel if the RATE is SYNC'ed. Need this for modern music.
4. I can't modulate the RATE if the destination of the LFO/MSEG is an EQ frequency.
5. No ARP 2 Velocity as a mod source
6. EQ frequencies named B1 and B2. In the mod matrix they are named Freq A and Freq B. + no hi/lo shelf as destinations.
7. What does the LFO offset do? It's not in the manual and it doesn't seem to off set anything/ does same as "amount".
8. in Reaper - Dune doesn't get keyboard focus and I have to "send all keyboard input to plugin". This then means my DAW doesn't get keyboard input. Not all plugins are like this.
9. Keyboard arrow keys don't work properly when writing preset descriptions - left/right don't work. Up/down is left/right. :lol:

Dune ver. 3.02 Full
Reaper x64
Win 10 x 64

I will add to this list as I find them. Hope that helps.
Last edited by New Loops on Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Loops
Novice

Re: Multiple bugs and things not working as expected

Postby New Loops » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:18 pm

RE 7. LFO offset. I have it working now and it seems to affect the LFO shape some how.
New Loops
Novice

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Yes the LFO offset moves the waveform up/down and scales it simultaneously. This feature comes from DUNE 2, some sound designers asked for it back then (some other synths have this feature as well).

The patch description bugs do not really come from Dune 3 (editing works fine e.g. in Cubase, Live, Studio One,...). Some hosts block/capture certain keystrokes, like Space for Start/Stop, sometimes other keys as well, so Dune 3 does not receive them.

We'll look into the rest, a few things are already done & will come in the next update. :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby New Loops » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Nice one. :)
New Loops
Novice

Return to Bug Reports