DUNE3 Sustain Pedal not working properly in Mono/Legato Mode

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE3 Sustain Pedal not working properly in Mono/Legato Mode

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:33 am

Hello,I bought Dune 3 recently and it is an amazing synthesizer.However,there is a little problem I have and I am not sure if it is a bug or not.Every time I play in mono/legato mode,if I hold down the sustain pedal,more than one notes will sound together instead of one note(as if the sound was polyphonic).For example,let's say I want to play some fast arpeggios in a mono lead and,pressing the sustain pedal,will eliminate any gaps between two notes.However,many notes sound together and the result is not the intended.Again,I know it is a not so important detail but personally I find it to be a problem some times.Is there a way we can overcome this problem?

I hope I explained it well.Thanks a lot for your time!
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Re: DUNE3 Sustain Pedal not working properly in Mono/Legato

Postby Teksonik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Works as expected here. Only the Last Note Played is Sustained.

Are you on a PC or a Mac ? What DAW do you use ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:20 am

Thanks a lot for your answer.I am using PC with Windows 7(thus I am using the Dune 3 version 3.07 which is appropriate for older operating systems) with Cubase 5 32 bit version.
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:25 am

I can't say for certain, but I think you'd be safe installing the latest version.

Ultimately, it doesn't hurt to try. If it doesn't work, uninstall and install the old version again.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks a lot for your answer.I tried to install the newest version of Dune3 but it didn't work(Cubase crashed every time I loaded the plugin).So I downloaded the appropriate for older Operating Systems version and it did work fine.I plan to upgrade both my O.S and,of course, the Cubase version soon,though.
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Postby GRUMP » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Dionysis Maniatakos wrote:Thanks a lot for your answer.I tried to install the newest version of Dune3 but it didn't work(Cubase crashed every time I loaded the plugin).So I downloaded the appropriate for older Operating Systems version and it did work fine.I plan to upgrade both my O.S and,of course, the Cubase version soon,though.

Wish you all the Best Dionysis, c u on Youtube!° - Daniel
GRUMP
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Oh ok it's always a good idea to put your OS and plugin version in your original post. :wink:

I'm using Win 10 with Dune 3.20 64 bit so the results may be different.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:13 pm

GRUMP wrote:Wish you all the Best Dionysis, c u on Youtube!° - Daniel

Hey Daniel,nice to see you here :D

Teksonik wrote:Oh ok it's always a good idea to put your OS and plugin version in your original post. :wink:

I'm using Win 10 with Dune 3.20 64 bit so the results may be different.

You are right,I will keep that in mind,thanks a lot
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:07 pm

I just checked this using the newest version of Dune 3 on Windows 10 Operating System.The problem is still there.I am using a Mono/Legato sound,as always,and press a note holding the sustain pedal,then stop pressing the note,then press another note and the previous one is still sustained.In all synths I have played(both vst and hardware) only the last played note is sustained when in a mono mode.Am I doing something wrong?

Thank a lot for your time
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:52 am

I just tested again here and only the last note played is sustained. Can you post the patch you're using ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:25 am

Thanks a lot for answering!Of course,I am just using the "initialize" patch and then apply mono or legato mode.I uploaded a short video demonstrating it because maybe I am not explaining it well.

In the first part of the video I am playing without using the sustain pedal.In the second part of the video I am playing again using sustain pedal and the sound turns to polyphonic(even if legato mode is still applied).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AoZ30Ps8MU&feature=youtu.be

Thanks a lot for your time
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:06 pm

Ok your video explains it well. That's definitely not happening here. I was using the INIT patch and just switching to Mono or Legato.

I'll run the test again just to be sure. If any of the regulars here are reading this thread perhaps you can test as well if you have a sustain pedal.

Since we're using the same operating system and the same version of Dune I guess the only thing that can be different is the DAW we're using or our midi controller/sustain pedal.

What DAW are you using to test with ? I've tried in FL Studio and Cakewalk. I'm using an Akai MPK261 controller and an M-Audio SP2 sustain pedal.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:07 pm

I am using a Novation Impulse 61 midi keyboard and Cubase 5 LE as DAW(which I got with my audio interface).I will try to test with another host
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:06 am

Ok I just ran the test again and while I swear I tested in Reaper and Cakewalk before and did not experience the behavior you are reporting this time I did get poly sustained notes. However in FL Studio I do not and only one note is sustained.

So it appears to be DAW dependent but I can't think of any reason a synth set to mono would play multiple notes so I think you might have discovered a bug.

I'll report the issue and we'll see what Rich and Marcin say about it. I'm also going to test again tomorrow just to make sure I can reproduce the issue reliably.... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Dionysis Maniatakos » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:02 am

Hello,I just tried the demo of Obsession ( what an amazing synth btw) and the sustain pedal in mono/legato mode works as expected,not any held notes etc. I really hope the developers will fix it in next Dune updates as well
Dionysis Maniatakos
Novice

Next

Return to Bug Reports