MIDI learn

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

MIDI learn

Postby jsg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Hello,

I cannot seem to get MIDI learn to work in DP 10.01. I place a MIDI controller in the event list, for example cc18. I select MIDI learn in my amp attack time. But Dune 3.2 doesn't learn from the cc data. I've tried this numerous times, but it simply doesn't work.

The workaround is that I can program MIDI learn in Sonar, so I do that, and then MIDI learn functions properly in Digital Performer.
Urgh! Software can be maddening...

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

1. I open a DP new file and insert Dune and a midi track. I insert a cc in the event list, say cc7. I click on volume in Dune and choose midi learn. I start playback (the cc is a few ticks into the sequence to make sure Dune catches it) and it doesn't learn the cc. When I do the exact same thing in Sonar it works fine.

Thanks,
Jerry
jsg
Novice

Re: MIDI learn

Postby Kriminal » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:57 am

jsg wrote: When I do the exact same thing in Sonar it works fine.

Thanks,
Jerry

looks like your probs are with DP, not Dune
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:30 pm

Midi learn doesn't work in FL Studio either but does work in Reaper, Cakewalk, and of course Orion.

This issue has been brought up before and if my memory is correct it's the DAWs fault.

But that has to do with Right Click Midi Learn from a Midi Controller not for CC information in the DAW so maybe that's two different things.

In FL studio you choose a Parameter in Dune 3 like Filter 1 Cutoff for example then assign an Automation Clip to it. No need to Right Click Midi Learn on Dune 3's GUI. I don't own DP so can't say how things work there.

I can Midi Learn in Reaper and it will work in Cakewalk and Orion but not FL Studio so again that must be the DAW's fault.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby jsg » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Teksonik wrote:Midi learn doesn't work in FL Studio either but does work in Reaper, Cakewalk, and of course Orion.

This issue has been brought up before and if my memory is correct it's the DAWs fault.

But that has to do with Right Click Midi Learn from a Midi Controller not for CC information in the DAW so maybe that's two different things.

In FL studio you choose a Parameter in Dune 3 like Filter 1 Cutoff for example then assign an Automation Clip to it. No need to Right Click Midi Learn on Dune 3's GUI. I don't own DP so can't say how things work there.

I can Midi Learn in Reaper and it will work in Cakewalk and Orion but not FL Studio so again that must be the DAW's fault.

Thank you for sharing this information with me. I'll talk to MOTU and see if they have any suggestions as to how to connect cc commands with Dune...

p.s. when I use MIDI learn in Sonar, it carries over into Digital Performer, so once it's programmed in Sonar everything works correctly in Digital Performer..

Jerry
http://www.jerrygerber.com
jsg
Novice

Return to Bug Reports