Clicks with Polyverse Gatekeeper

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Clicks with Polyverse Gatekeeper

Postby functionform » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:33 pm

I've been playing with Polyverse Gatekeeper as an alternative to shaperbox and I noticed the Dune 3 produces clicks with it, while another flagship synth (Icarus 2) does not. I'm not sure what could be causing it as I had both synths set to one oscillator simple saw with no detuning etc. I've attached a sample gatekeeper and dune 3 patch which exhibited the issue on my pc.

I have a window 10 box i5, 16 gig memory, running focusrite 2i2 48000k 128 block size. I don't think its driver/machine related since Icarus does not click in the slightest with gatekeeper and the clicking behavior seems to be across more than a few patches.

Other than that, lovin d3. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
functionform
Novice

Re: Clicks with Polyverse Gatekeeper

Postby Teksonik » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:30 pm

I don't own Gatekeeper but your Dune 3 patch doesn't click on its own or when run through GrossBeat's Gater or its complex Time/Pitch effects.

Why the MSEG1 to Osc 1 Volume with no Amount in the patch ?

Do you have any other synths to run through Gatekeeper? Kind of hard to tell what's going on with only a two synth sample.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby functionform » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 pm

Hm I missed the mseg, I'll try removing it. I did notice a plain uvi falcon patch also clicked but less.
functionform
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:30 am

Well if five synths click and only one doesn't then it might point to Gatekeeper. If one synth clicks and five don't then it might point to the synth.

But like I said the patch doesn't click at all here even when being gated rather aggressively. One thing you could try is raising the Amp Release from zero to about 5%. It may not make a difference but it's worth a try.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:37 pm

I've been dealing with clicking envelope plugins recently (Dodge Pro).

The only alternative that I've found doesn't change the sound in any way, but simply applies the envelope was TAL Filter 2. It's simplistic and maybe not as precise (no snapping), but, from what I've tried, by far works the best.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby functionform » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:43 pm

Short story:I believe I've found the source of the issue and its looks like user error. Oops, and thanks for your help!

Long story: To test plugins new to me, I always default to using an init patch. I chose Dune3 and Icarus because they both have init patch buttons and they are two of my fave synths. The difference though is Dune 3's init does not apply a release, while Icarus does, as does Falcon's "init style" patches. After I bumped up the release on Dune 3 I stopped getting clicks.

I did try removing that MSEG mapping (not sure how I had that in my patch) and that didn't seem to have an effect.

edit: Tek I saw your comment after I posted this :)
functionform
Novice

Return to Bug Reports