Dune 3.512 Midi + Polyphony

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3.512 Midi + Polyphony

Postby Sirous » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:00 pm

The Midi file has an impact on the Polyphony of the sound, even though Arp 1 & Arp 2 are not used.

I did add a video in the .zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sirous
Novice

Re: Dune 3.512 Midi + Polyphony

Postby Teksonik » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:46 pm

That just shows neither Arp is on for Voice 3. Either Arp could be on for the other two active voices. You changed Arp 1 from Midi to Step Sequencer and the length is set to -100%. You've also got a fair amount of release on Voice 3.

Why would you set a plugin to Mono then feed it polyphonic notes from the piano roll?

Post the patch and an .flp so we can have a look as I can't reproduce the issue here.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Sirous » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:39 pm

Sadly I already did work on it further so I can't reproduce it exactly.
Arp 1 was turned off on all voices. That's why it's so weird, so no matter what Release etc. are set to, as Arp 1 was not used anywhere it should not make any difference if there's a midi or if it's initialized right?

The length was set to 0 % but Dune did change it to -100 % when I did initialize the midi matrix (you can see it in the video). This is not on purpose, also a bug right? Load the 100.fxp file I did upload and then initialize one of the two arps. Can you reproduce it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sirous
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:58 pm

Thank you for the FXP. I checked it and everything works fine here with that patch. Can you check whether the FLS sequence you use contains automation or program change messages? It looks to me in your video as if the current patch is changed suddenly, as there is many parameter changes occurring at once.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:07 pm

Sirous wrote:The length was set to 0 % but Dune did change it to -100 % when I did initialize the midi matrix (you can see it in the video). This is not on purpose, also a bug right? Load the 100.fxp file I did upload and then initialize one of the two arps. Can you reproduce it?

Yes I can reproduce it in the patch you uploaded. Initializing an Arp makes the following changes:

D3 033122-1.png

Most notably setting steps to 1, rate to 0.1 Hz, all notes set to off along with Length to -100%

I was testing in a fresh FL Studio project with no automation and only a single instance of DUNE 3 loaded. I also tested and confirmed in Cakewalk and Orion.

EDIT: OK after further testing I can reproduce the Arp Initialize issue in other (older) patches but I can't seem to reproduce with a fresh INIT patch. Load the following patch and simply initialize Arp 1. The patch does not use a Midi file only the Step Sequencer which is then set to the values shown above on initialize. Tested with both VST 2 and 3 versions confirmed in FL Studio and Cakewalk.

Arp Test 033122-1.zip

I still can not reproduce the Arp/Polyphony issue. Everything performs as expected.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Sirous » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:25 pm

@Richard: I haven't used any automations or something else that would change this parameters in the project. It's the same patch.

@Teksonik: If I initialize with your patch the same values (-100% etc.) occure here.
Sirous
Novice

Postby Sirous » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:49 pm

Another little bug about the Arp and Mono:

Open a fresh Dune, Set Polyphony to Mono, turn on Arp1, play a note and hold it, while holding turn off Arp1, leave the note.
If you do this a few times with different notes, the 2nd time you do it or later in the moment you leave the note, one of the notes you have played before will play forever.

This does not work all the time but try it 1 minute and it probably should happen.
Sirous
Novice

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:58 am

I missed the bit about the Arpeggiator Initialize function. So yes it is very easy to reproduce. We have already fixed the issue, will be part of the next maintenance update :) Will check the other issue as well.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Sirous » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:12 pm

Cool :)
Sirous
Novice

Return to Bug Reports