Flush buffers on DAW Stop

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Flush buffers on DAW Stop

Postby Richard » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:18 pm

Thank you abnegative for taking the time to make this video! Excellent explanation, no more questions :D

We'll look for the message Reaper sends exactly so we can realize a full stop. Note this may only work using VST2 plugins. After quickly testing this in Reaper it seemed like all VST3 plugins would render the tail.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby abnegative » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 pm

Richard wrote:Thank you abnegative for taking the time to make this video! Excellent explanation, no more questions :D

We'll look for the message Reaper sends exactly so we can realize a full stop. Note this may only work using VST2 plugins. After quickly testing this in Reaper it seemed like all VST3 plugins would render the tail.

No problem! Thank you for looking into this. There are a ton of threads in the Reaper forums regarding this issue with various plugins, so I'm sure this will save a lot of people a lot of time.

I can confirm that this applies to both VST2 and VST3. In my testing, Omnisphere VST3i responds correctly to a reset message. I'm not very familiar with the VST standard, but perhaps this is some message from the host that is optional for the plugin to handle (just speculating here). Anyway, I'm happy to perform any more testing and provide any data needed to help get to a resolution.
abnegative
Novice

Postby abnegative » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:03 pm

Any luck with this?

I just noticed that the issue does not appear to be present in the VST3i version of DUNE 3. I've been intentionally using the VST2 version because it reports the preset name.
abnegative
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:50 pm

I use multiple instances of DUNE 3 in almost every one of my FL Studio projects and I don't have any issues with render. Perhaps I just don't understand what you're reporting.

Have you tried this render setting "cut remainder"?

D3 020523-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby abnegative » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:02 pm

Teksonik, this is independent of the DAW used. In order to experience the issue, you must render while the tail is still audible.

Here's an explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osppgnEzeDI
abnegative
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:17 pm

Ask yourself why no one else has reported this issue in all the years that DUNE 3 has been released. This would appear to be a rare use case issue.

Anyway I never have to render except on final render of the song and I use cut remainder so it doesn't affect me but good luck I hope they fix your problem.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby abnegative » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pm

I asked myself. I concluded I am a rare case individual. I can do things most can't.

There are applications for on-the-fly rendering. Here is one such example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRkAkz-ImUo
abnegative
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:40 pm

abnegative wrote:II can do things most can't.

Or you're doing things most don't have to..... :wink:

Burning MIDI to Audio doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me and like I said you're the only one reporting this "probelm" so.......

But anyway good luck maybe Synapse fix it for you.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby abnegative » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:16 pm

Teksonik wrote:
abnegative wrote:II can do things most can't.

Or you're doing things most don't have to..... :wink:

Burning MIDI to Audio doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me and like I said you're the only one reporting this "probelm" so.......

But anyway good luck maybe Synapse fix it for you.

"to me" are the operative words. One day it'll click.
abnegative
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm

abnegative wrote:One day it'll click.

Yes one day it will click why you're the only one with this "problem". The rest of us know how to use our DAWs and DUNE 3 properly. :wink:

Here let me give you a hint in Reaper:

Reaper 020623.png

Then delete remainder. Simple.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm

Yes it is simple, if you need it all the time however, it would be an extra step to perform.

Anyway this will come with the next maintenance update, so closing this thread :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Previous

Return to Bug Reports