Cannot write in Obsession patch search in FL Studio

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Cannot write in Obsession patch search in FL Studio

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:48 pm

Christophe wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Im using the latest version. Option "Allow FL Studio to process keyboard presses when the keyboard focus" is on. All plugins give me ability to write in search, even Dune 3 with that option on, but in Obsession is not possible neither with turned on or off.

but OP said, that it is working with Dune3 :?

That option in FL Studio is per plugin rather than a global option. So you can have it enabled in Obsession and disabled in DUNE 3.

It can be saved as a channel state so every time you load a plugin from the database it loads the same way.
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Christophe » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:51 pm

Thanks Tek, It is clear now
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:14 pm

I just tried it with DUNE 3 and it behaves the same way when "Allow FL Studio to Process keyboard presses when the keyboard focus option is on" is enabled in the wrapper settings.

Obsession 011723-8.png

So disabling that option and enabling "Allow the plugin to handle keystrokes before the host does" from the plugin wrapper toolbar allows typing in the browser search box with both Obsession and DUNE 3 here.

Then there is the global option "Typing Keyboard to Piano". It seems like those three options can conflict with each other when not set in a certain way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 am

Turning "Allow the plugin to handle keystrokes before the host does" off works now for some reason! Thank you! indeed there is some confilct between all options...or maybe i made some fault from my side during testing what works and what not :)
themachinelt
Novice

Previous

Return to Bug Reports