Import Zip Folder problem

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Import Zip Folder problem

Postby MattLeschuck » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:25 pm

Im putting together a pack of presets i have built to give out to users and am running into this problem when using the import zip folder function (testing to make sure everything works for the users). About a dozen of the patches pile at the top with underscores in front of them. These are not clickable / useable. They just randomly show up in the list. The actual patches are still correctly in order with the rest. Any help here is appreciated. Otherwise i can just suggest manually placing the Patches and Wavetables.

D1.png

D2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MattLeschuck
Novice

Re: Import Zip Folder problem

Postby MattLeschuck » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:44 pm

I also noticed that despite my config file being correct, its doesn't show the author name when using the import zip function.

D3.png

D4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MattLeschuck
Novice

Postby Christophe » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:00 pm

I sent you a pm to help with your test
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Christophe » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:28 pm

AuthorCode should be
AuthorCode = ML

The weird files is like tmp, check that a similar file name exist and delete the weird one beginning with ._
I think you can delete all these files because AFAIR they are empty
You need to sort and move your files inside directory named like the Categories you see in the Dune browser.
It is the method to tag your file, no need to set the category inside their name like AuthorCode
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby MattLeschuck » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:26 pm

Christophe wrote:I sent you a pm to help with your test

I just replied and sent you the zip :)
MattLeschuck
Novice

Postby Christophe » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:53 pm

It seems a bug in the Config file import because it is not copied with the import ZIP function
I will report this issue to Rich on the Beta forum
The weird files are visible on Windows but not Linux (should be the same on MacOS), I need to set an option to see hidden file and delete them from the OS
But in the Dune Browser, if you try to select them together with shift, you can move them to trash with a right click
Christophe

Postby Teksonik » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:13 pm

MattLeschuck wrote:About a dozen of the patches pile at the top with underscores in front of them. These are not clickable / useable. They just randomly show up in the list.

Those are Mac files. "Files with the . _ prefix are only a lightweight copy of the original file, used by macOS to quickly index the file in searches or create restore points for file recovery".

Why they're showing up on a Windows system would be the question.

Ok I just zipped up a folder of my presets and then imported on Windows 10. It did not create any ._ files so it must just be Zip files created on a Mac.

I don't know if there is a way for Synapse to make DUNE 3 ignore those files when the zip is imported to a Windows system.
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Bug Reports