Generative Music Software

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Generative Music Software

Postby Suonoecomputer » Tue May 29, 2018 9:09 am

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you opinions and opinions on those generative music programs ... You think that this can really be a way to compose music or is it the antechamber for to give the machines the full musical programming? Lately I was interested in this aspect because I found in the ambient music a genre rather "free" to make music ... A genre that does not follow particular constraints of composition, but at the same time relies heavily on algorithms generated in to "random mode" from software, sometimes it can be a help for those who have no compositional ideas ... I remember that Orion had the ability to generate random pattern sequences ...For now, "generative music" is limited to the environmental genre (as a stereotype). In reality, any sequencer plugin already generates a form of generative music a priori if it is repeated at certain periods and modes but could it also extend to other genres? What do you think? It seems interesting to me as an argument ... Thanks.
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Re: Generative Music Software

Postby bones » Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 am

Not really. I made a few synths in SynthEdit that used a random arpeggiator, which I called the RARP. As long as you held down a note, it kept randomising the pitch on every step (it worked with the synths gate sequencer). I've used it as a part in a song so you can use generative tools in "normal" compositions. It doesn't have to be one thing or the other, it's combining all these different forms that makes things interesting.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Return to Music & Stuff