Final album with Orion - "This Quiet Earth"

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Final album with Orion - "This Quiet Earth"

Postby kmatm » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:26 am

I've just released my last ever album to be written in Orion, which I started back in 2017.

http://bit.ly/GRSCL17

From the album blurb:

Named 'This Quiet Earth', this 9 track heavyweight of dubby goodness offers a consistent variety of spatialness while the atmosphere clearly surrounds you with its innate charm. Heavy chords are consistent characteristic here while the beats are strong and favor more of a steady low tempo.

There's also a video for the opening/title track here:

https://youtu.be/VvcPNZW4MLE

kmatm
Apprentice

Re: Final album with Orion - "This Quiet Earth"

Postby bones » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 am

So what are you going to use instead of Orion? We switched to Cubase a couple of years ago but last year I started to get into Studio One and it really clicked with me. I don't even have Orion installed any more.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby kmatm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:50 am

I moved to Bitwig about two years ago and haven't looked back. It's likened to Ableton with scene/arranger views, and like everything has its strengths and weaknesses. I've performed live with it a few times as well and didn't give me any trouble.

I used to use Cubase for my multitracking, but haven't touched it in years. I've heard lots of people mentioning Studio One but never touched it myself.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby bones » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:40 am

Yeah, Bitwig was the first thing I tried. I bought a license and gave it a red-hot go but it never clicked with me. After 6 months I hadn't really gone anywhere with it so I gave up. Cubase, which I had dreaded, turned out to be much more to my liking but Studio One feels like Cubase done right. It's much more straightforward and intuitive for me.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby kmatm » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:55 pm

Yeah I guess going with what feels intuitive is a good move.

I went for a job years back based around Sonar/Cakewalk. I knew Cubase really well but just could not figure out where to find everything in Cakewalk, nothing was where I expected it to be, whereas Cubase I could find things in seconds.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby gaudi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:36 am

Hi,
Great music dear kmatm , I really enjoyed it
Congratulations!
I continue to make music on orion, I have bitwig, waveform, mixbus
i am using bandlab cakewalk but now i am testing free for 2 months
serato studio and very fond of.
question:
where are the drum rack 087_HipHop.sty samples?
I can not find. Thanks.
gaudi
Novice

Return to Music & Stuff