[HELP] Synapse audio driver issues.

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

[HELP] Synapse audio driver issues.

Postby Scott104 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:22 pm

Well, the day has come that I cannot put up with audio bugs that are provided through the Synapse portfolio on my original Kraken 7.1 Chroma. I have had this headset since it came out, and it has been wonderful and gone through the ringer. Reliable, made well, minimal physical problems outside of replacing ear pads. Never even giving me an audio issue until probably 2 years ago.

One day I had noticed that when trying to play games (CSGO, for example), when Razer Synapse 2.0 wasn't running, the audio sounded like complete shit. This was in an effort to boost my boot time as fast as possible, which included disabling Synapse 2.0 on startup. However, I did not mind the simple fix of just leaving it startup so I wouldn't forget.

Recently, I upgraded to a Razer Naga Trinity, which requires the new Synapse. I did not mind this either as I was able to run 2.0 in parallel to handle the configs for the Kraken 7.1.

Then, the trash audio came back into play completely randomly. A overly loud, tinny, spacious theme to the in-game audio for all my games. Almost as if you were listening through a sharp-pitched tin can. No in-game settings fix this, i've tried everything and looked everywhere. Uninstalling both synapses, re-installing 2 first then 3 seemed to fix the problem for a day. This gives me the assumption that the audio drivers from Synapse 3 trump the ones from 2, or cause some sort of conflict. For example, when i try to run the 7.1 calibration in Synapse 2, i cannot hear the audio demo for each step. It's completely silent. Even after closing Synapse 3!!

Before this recent problem, I have suffered for the longest time with the notorious discord bug, where all audio from the app is just complete ear-rape, having to leave voice servers multiple times just to fix it. Also, it has no warning. Someone would join a voice server and your headset would vibrate it would be so loud. To completely remove any aspect of audio issues due to depreciating software, I upgraded to the Chroma V2s only to be greeted by the exact same in-game shit quality sound as I experienced when Synapse 2 wasn't running with the 7.1s - which resulted in an immediate return to best buy. This was very surprising; my brothers who both have V2s have never experienced this issue.

It just seems like the Razer audio drivers are not capable of staying in sync over time, or for some reason do not work well on my system. My worry now is that upgrading to a different brand for headset I will experience the same tinny shit-quality audio as I got with the V2s, which I'm thinking shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Has anyone had experience with this problem? It's very random. I don't want to have to upgrade, but I'm soon given no choice.
Scott104
Novice

Re: [HELP] Synapse audio driver issues.

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:16 am

This isn't the Synapse site that you are looking for.

This site is for software to make music with.

You will probably get what you need through www.razer.com.
Mark

Re: [HELP] Synapse audio driver issues.

Postby Teksonik » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 am

That's the second time this has happened. Google must be sleeping on the job. :?

Being on the wrong website doesn't appear to be Razer owner's only problem:

"Razer is fixing a serious Windows security flaw caused by its mice"

https://www.engadget.com/razer-mouse-wi ... DAxoNDkSUG
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Music & Stuff