Free Dune 3 Soundbank

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Free Dune 3 Soundbank

Postby lyuboserafimov » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:04 pm

Hey folks! Here are some electronic patches I made for Dune. All free of charge. :D
Last edited by Christophe on Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Soundbank not respecting the quality of synapse audio standard forum
lyuboserafimov
Novice

Re: Free Dune 3 Soundbank

Postby Teksonik » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:39 pm

Thanks but your instructions.txt is misleading and the part about deleting all the files in the System 32 folder might not be a good idea even if it's a joke. Also not everybody uses One Drive so your install instructions are not correct.

And so far I've run into several "missing wavetables" messages so the patches will not sound as you intended. You'll need to provide the .wt files as well. All of the patches in the Keys folder have missing WTs, here at least.

D3 031323-1.png

So far there are some great patches in there but so many of them have missing wavetables and some of them have multiple missing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby lyuboserafimov » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:57 pm

Teksonik wrote:Thanks but your instructions.txt is misleading and the part about deleting all the files in the System 32 folder might not be a good idea even if it's a joke. Also not everybody uses One Drive so your install instructions are not correct.

And so far I've run into several "missing wavetables" messages so the patches will not sound as you intended. You'll need to provide the .wt files as well. All of the patches in the Keys folder have missing WTs, here at least.

D3 031323-1.png

So far there are some great patches in there but so many of them in the Sequence folder have missing wavetables and some of them have multiple missing.

Huh. I thought the wavetable gets written on the .fxp file.
lyuboserafimov
Novice

Postby lyuboserafimov » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:58 pm

Teksonik wrote:Thanks but your instructions.txt is misleading and the part about deleting all the files in the System 32 folder might not be a good idea even if it's a joke. Also not everybody uses One Drive so your install instructions are not correct.

D3 031323-1.png

So far there are some great patches in there but so many of them in the Sequence folder have missing wavetables and some of them have multiple missing.

If anyone actually gets this seriously, they deserve their doom. :twisted:
lyuboserafimov
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:02 pm

No, samples get written into the .fxp file but if I can remember correctly if you save the wavetable used in a patch then it will require that .wt to be located in the folder.

If you don't save the .wt then it will be written into the .fxp file. Again if I'm remembering correctly.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:03 pm

lyuboserafimov wrote:If anyone actually gets this seriously, they deserve their doom. :twisted:

Well there may be some beginners or less experienced users out there who might just take you seriously.

"1. Go to windows/system32 and use the shift-delete command to eradicate all files. You don't need any files".

Now I don't know if that would actually work to delete files and I'm obviously not going to try it but there's no sense risking someone's system for a joke.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:55 am

Can you please remove the bad advice and update the file with the necessary wavetables.

Thanks
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:10 pm

Kriminal wrote:Can you please remove the bad advice and update the file with the necessary wavetables.

Thanks

Please do this asap. It's very nice of you to release a free soundbank, but the 'joke' should be removed and the wavetables included.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:17 pm

I agree on the Joke. :?

There are so many missing wavetables, sometimes multiple in a single patch, that I'm not sure how he would efficiently catalog and gather them all up.

Shame as there are some really nice patches in there but we're not hearing them as they were intended.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby lyuboserafimov » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:08 pm

Who's hanging out in this forum? Grinch, who stole Christmas?

Get some air.
lyuboserafimov
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:43 pm

:roll:
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:31 pm

lyuboserafimov wrote:Who's hanging out in this forum? Grinch, who stole Christmas?

No, we're adults on this forum. If you want to play childish pranks then move on.

Your instructions.txt is at best misleading because the install path for DUNE 3 presets does not have anything to do with One Drive and at worst it's possibly hazardous because of your childish attempt at humor telling people to delete important system files.

You made some good patches, or at least I think you did because you failed to provide the wavetables so we don't really know how they're supposed to sound.

But your pissy attitude has no place here. Take it to KVR where no one has even bothered to respond to your thread let alone try to help you understand what mistakes you made while attempting to share your presets.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:31 pm

Thanks Christophe
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby lyuboserafimov » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:03 am

Teksonik wrote:
lyuboserafimov wrote:Who's hanging out in this forum? Grinch, who stole Christmas?

No, we're adults on this forum. If you want to play childish pranks then move on.

Your instructions.txt is at best misleading because the install path for DUNE 3 presets does not have anything to do with One Drive and at worst it's possibly hazardous because of your childish attempt at humor telling people to delete important system files.

You made some good patches, or at least I think you did because you failed to provide the wavetables so we don't really know how they're supposed to sound.

But your pissy attitude has no place here. Take it to KVR where no one has even bothered to respond to your thread let alone try to help you understand what mistakes you made while attempting to share your presets.

Fair enough, I don't enjoy the company of grumpy, condescending forum rats either, sayonara.
By the way, I already got 100+ downloads from social media, and no one complained about the damn "instructions". You fail to realize your concerns are actually insulting the user's intellect. One of the key characteristics of being an adult, to put it bluntly.

You can close the thread and delete my account, I'm not even going to bother doing that.
lyuboserafimov
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:18 am

lyuboserafimov wrote: One of the key characteristics of being an adult...

Is not spitting your dummy out when you don't get your own way :lol:
Kriminal
Immortal

Next

Return to Music & Stuff