Share your thoughts and experiences

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Share your thoughts and experiences

Postby HarveyGraves » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:45 am

Hello creative community! When creating music, I've always aimed to choose sounds that harmonize well from the start. However, after fine-tuning and adjusting during the final stages, I sometimes feel like the track loses its power or becomes thin. I wonder if others face this and if there's a minimal set of parameters for such cases. Do you believe in writing a track without extensive subsequent mixing? Share your thoughts and experiences.
HarveyGraves
Novice

Re: Share your thoughts and experiences

Postby Audinomaly » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:29 am

Some of my best-received tracks have been things I've thrown down in a few hours, and it's fun to bang out a track before scope creep and fatigue set in. Besides, you can always remix your "Original" mixes if you want to keep playing.

Re: losing its power/becoming thin - don't worry if your track isn't going where you thought it would. Half the fun is fooling around, and a lot of the time you'll end up with a new option/branch/something you hadn't even considered from the outset. Tinker lots, and don't worry about having a mainstream-sounding mix.
Weapons-Grade Awesome: www.jacobtalkington.com
Audinomaly
Regular

Return to Music & Stuff