A chat would be cool.

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

A chat would be cool.

Postby DaZoid » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi,

Do others also want to chat to people here if they see that they are online?

I think this would be a cool think, having a chat thingy integrated.

And no, it's not the same like: Add the people to ICQ or whatever. Has a different effect.
DaZoid
Guru

A chat would be cool.

Postby Vicious_Angel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Yeah sure. Something live a java irc channel?
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

A chat would be cool.

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm

It's a complete waste, trust me. We put it on the forum just cause people demanded a ShoutBox. Now it's filled with spam all the time, and you miss most of the entries that you would consider interesting by the time you next look at it. Useless waste of resources.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

A chat would be cool.

Postby Vicious_Angel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:31 pm

Hypna i thing he means something like registered forum users can join the channel not everyone.
Emu1212m | Alesis micron | Edirol pcr500 | FOCAL CMS 50 | Senheiser hd 25-1 II | Core i7 etc
Vicious_Angel
Apprentice

A chat would be cool.

Postby Oceanspray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:42 pm

It would be good.
Oceanspray
Regular

A chat would be cool.

Postby DaZoid » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Would be funny to spam you guys with all the crap in my head ;-)
DaZoid
Guru

A chat would be cool.

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Vicious_Angel wrote:Hypna i thing he means something like registered forum users can join the channel not everyone.

Yes, that's what I was referring to as well.
Registered users typing all sorts of stupid shit. Why waste time, effort and resources on that?

We have it on our forum, cause other (registered) users demanded one, and Administrators bent to the will of the many. I had no say in that cause I'm just a moderator. The "ruling three" decided to give the mass what they wanted, and now regreting for ever wasting one bit of a thought on that.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

A chat would be cool.

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:24 pm

I remember my first 'Astro-Boy' walkie talkie set... Way cooler than any 'chat' feature these days. Certainly won't be picking up a trucker on I-95 with two wads of No-Doze doing 60mph looking for a monkey and a BJ at 3am... Those are guys worth talking too!

Shit-chat. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

A chat would be cool.

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:02 pm

I think very high traffic is needed to make that work. With 5 or so people online at the same time & not all of them interested in chatting, I doubt it'll work.

Something we could try, if there's interest, would be a localized subforum. German or french would be the initial candidates for that.
Richard
Synapse Audio

A chat would be cool.

Postby Philippe Tavares » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:09 am

Unfortunately , French Orionauts are not many ! ....and i wouldn't like to get part of only one category ... i feel like a Universal Orionaut , that's all ! ... and then there's already a French Orion forum here

http://synapse-audio.audiofanzine.com/ just chooze the product you want and then click forums

and since few times you have the same in English

http://synapse-audio.en.audiofanzine.com/

Since the time i've been here with you , my English was improved a little bit , thanks to this Official forum . I would prefer the idea of a chat or something like a group ; a Yahoo group for exemple .

..just thought of this , couldn't we chat from the page of Orion Myspace ? It's called Myspaceim .
Philippe Tavares
Professional

A chat would be cool.

Postby Dungeon Studio » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 am

There you go Tos! MySpace and Facebook! Excellent idea, and those that know should go. ;)

Oui, guttentag, arividerci. :cool:
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Return to Music & Stuff