Dune 3

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3

Postby Deleted user » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:40 am

How do I use an lfo to trigger a looping amp envelope so that pressing a key with trigger the notes over and over according to the rate of the lfo in rhythmic fashion? Its not really working. I can use the MSEG but its not in poly mode so that each key press starts its own modulation independently.
Deleted user

Re: Dune 3

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:23 am

Set the MSEG mode to "Note On" or "Key On" (the latter is useful if the patch uses the arp as well). Then the MSEG modulation is polyphonic and starts with each keypress.

Another way would be to use a wavetable or Oscillator 3 in WAV mode as the modulation source (in that case, remember to set the modulation rate to "audio-rate modulation" to make the modulation sample-accurate).

Out of curiosity, why do you want the different rhythmic modulations triggered per note to be polyphonic, i.e. out of sync relative to each other?
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Deleted user » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:46 am

Thanks for helping I guess I trying to get things going in Dune but missing something to make it loop. I will try again. Trying what you said with osc3 but its not triggering the adsr like I hoped. If I use the MSEG method you mentioned it doesnt loop. Its either key press or loop but not both.
Im trying to recreate this patch on this Youtube video. Im trying to get a looping adsr envelope with independant key pressing triggering the adsr on each key. Apparently something is missing in Dune3 to recreate this patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_p5JBAWUTs&t=0s
Deleted user

Postby Teksonik » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:15 pm

That patch is completely arrhythmic. How would you use such a sound ? In what style of music would that fit? I find it rather unsettling to listen to even for a brief time.

Anyway it seems like "Random" as a Source would be your friend when trying to recreate such a chaotic patch. Keep experimenting with it on various matrix destinations. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Tips'n'tricks