Using Presets

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Using Presets

Postby CountachSynth » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Hey there, i'm really new as a producer and i havce a doubt: I felt in love with the Avalon Light preset, want to use it in one of my songs, but don't know how to put it in a pattern and then put it in the playlist (I use FLS). Any ideas? Thank you so much.
CountachSynth
Novice

Re: Using Presets

Postby DonnieAlan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 pm

CountachSynth wrote:Hey there, i'm really new as a producer and i havce a doubt: I felt in love with the Avalon Light preset, want to use it in one of my songs, but don't know how to put it in a pattern and then put it in the playlist (I use FLS). Any ideas? Thank you so much.

Its a little unclear what you're asking. I don't use FLS, but you should be able to just create a MIDI track to play whatever part(s) you want Dune 2 with the Avalon Light preset to play, and then either convert to audio for your mix, or loop it how you wish.
DonnieAlan
Novice

Postby bones » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 pm

The best place to ask is probably the FLS forum. I haven't used FLS in many years but you used to access presets from the little icon in the window bar, top-left of the instrument window. You are talking about Wasp, right? I'm not sure if Wasp presets from Orion will work in the FLS version of Wasp.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Christophe » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:40 pm

he is using the first preset of Dune2 Avalon Light by RH and want to export the arpeggio to FL Studio
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby bones » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:54 am

Avalon is also the first preset in Wasp 5. If he is using DUNE, then he can choose presets from the synth itself and surely wouldn't be asking the question.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby nix » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 pm

He's prolly a keyboard player, and not sure how to compose in FL
@OP- yeah, ask at FL forum. There are essentially 2 ways. Which ver of FL r u using?
You can write a mono pattern with the steps next to Dune's channel,
or use the piano roll which has a selector at top right of channel rack.
The song is composed in clips, which you'll have to work out, as I am not real good with them yet.
I'm a Fruity user from 5, just play realtime w/- it atm on MIDI guitar
The piano roll or step sequencer clips are arranged in 'playlist'
nix
Apprentice

Return to Tips'n'tricks