Midi Learn for Toggling Sounds?

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Midi Learn for Toggling Sounds?

Postby DivinatorMysticus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Hello, I have a quick stupid question...I've tried reading through the forum to no avail.

Is there any way to go to the next voice/preset/sound without having to click physically with my mouse?

I want to start playing live with my midi keyboard/controller and need to quickly switch between sounds. I've already created a custom bank folder with all my sounds in order, but I can't figure out how to toggle to the next sound using just my keyboard controller. Is there a way to midi learn to get to the next sound in the order?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
DivinatorMysticus
Novice

Re: Midi Learn for Toggling Sounds?

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:38 pm

which plugin?
which host?
what OS?
what controller?

etc etc....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby DivinatorMysticus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:49 pm

Sorry, for Dune 3. I’m currently running Reaper on a Windows machine. I’m using an M-Audio Oxygen keyboard.
DivinatorMysticus
Novice

Postby iam7zark7 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:03 am

Your keyboard should have left and right buttons on either side of a select button for changing presets. You may need to select an option in reaper to receive program change messages.

* I use my qwerty arrows, and I have "receive program change messages" turned off. The computer keyboard is right next to my controller, easier to reach with my right hand, and ensures that I can't accidentally change presets from multiple places.

-7zark7
iam7zark7
Apprentice

Postby DivinatorMysticus » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Wow, to toggle between presets via the arrow keys would be just as awesome. I just can't seem to figure out how to get it working...I've literally tried everything.
DivinatorMysticus
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 pm

If you're talking about the Arrow Keys on your qwerty keyboard it does work but you may have to set your DAW to pass keystrokes to the plugin. Each DAW is a bit different so refer to the owner's manual. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby sean121 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 am

Hey, did that work? I want to toggle between sounds using my keyboard as well. I am using my Mouse to do so, I thought this is the only way but now I think it is possible since you asked. So have you managed to do this yet?
sean121
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks