Bring back Dune!

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Bring back Dune!

Postby db0t » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 pm

Don't get me wrong Dune 3 is a great synthesizer, but it's simply a different synth the the original Dune.

There's something very organic sounding about Dune and I love the OSC FM feature. I simply cannot recreate the patches I did in Dune in Dune3, they just sound completely different.

I really hope you could bring back Dune Classic at a cheaper price point (like Hydra) and update it to VST3/M1 so it can live a long happy live along the other synths.
db0t
Novice

Re: Bring back Dune!

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:13 pm

There is a way to replicate the Osc FM feature of D1, but it's complicated. Do you want to PM me and I'll see if I can help you with some of your patches.
Mark

Postby db0t » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Mark wrote:There is a way to replicate the Osc FM feature of D1, but it's complicated. Do you want to PM me and I'll see if I can help you with some of your patches.

Thanks that is nice, will do. Still it's not just the FM feature, it's quiet obvious to my ear that Dune has a different sound overall, it's a bit more buttery while Dune 3 is razor sharp.

There are quit a few "old" synths like the logic stock synths that have a unique sound. Over at Image Line people have also lamented the demise of the old TS404 synth, which basically birthed the UK Dubstep Sound (for example)

Dune 1 is one of those special sounding synths and I just find it sad that it's being phased out into a software nirvana. I think they should be kept alive if possible. I've also never tried the phased out synths of Orion and would also love to try out those :)
db0t
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:08 pm

db0t wrote:
There are quit a few "old" synths like the logic stock synths that have a unique sound. Over at Image Line people have also lamented the demise of the old TS404 synth, which basically birthed the UK Dubstep Sound (for example)

TS404 was a standalone synth made by Sonic Syndicate, now called Synapse Audio.... TS404 turned into Wasp....

i would like to see some evidence of it birthing Dubstep....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:00 am

I think Dune CM can still be obtained with an issue of Computer Music. It's missing a few features like the FX and you only get 12 MM Slots instead of 24.

https://www.musicradar.com/computermusi ... -cm-572403

I just dug out an old CM disk from 2016 and the 64 bit version of Dune CM is on it. Sounds good but nothing that would make me give up Dune 3.

I don't know if it would make any sense for Synapse to bring back Dune 1 and spend time updating it to modern standards and then having to support it.... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Deleted user » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:46 pm

I love the sound of Dune 3 osc
Deleted user

Postby themachinelt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:01 am

I personaly wouldnt mind if Dune would be brought back as a legacy with resizable skin. It sounds different then new dunes, but i like the different sound of it.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby blue monk » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:34 pm

I have no idea wether this would be considered by Synapse, but perhaps this could be re-released with a different name (Spice?) so that it's not connfusing and even might attract new users.
blue monk
Novice

Return to Wishlist