RE Make the backside controls automatable

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

RE Make the backside controls automatable

Postby andrehorst » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:32 am

Since Reason 12 now has a full re-worked Combinator, it would be nice to have some of the backside controls of the Rack Extensions at least available as automation targets.

This would allow me to create a Combinator, which has for example all relevant controls of a filter or an FX available.

See this example of The Legend Filter, which does not have the Saturation and Compensation available, which are only available at the backside:
https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... &t=7524814

Another problem of the REs is, that the instrument must be triggered via a gate+note to produce an output of the external connection. I found a workaround for this, but it would be really helpful, if this could be changed, maybe with a switch.
andrehorst
Novice

Re: RE Make the backside controls automatable

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:21 pm

There is a bunch of limitations as to what can be done with the back panel controls, compared to the front panel ones. Or at least used to be, not sure whether that changed recently. Will have to check, but it may not be technically possible.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby andrehorst » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:31 pm

Thanks! More than enough i could expect
andrehorst
Novice

Postby andrehorst » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:34 am

andrehorst
Novice

Return to Wishlist