Dune 3 GUI

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Dune 3 GUI

Postby pier » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:20 pm

Kriminal wrote:I guess a few more users isn't financially viable given the huge task to re do the gui from scratch, compared to the number who are quite happy with the way it is.

I've seen less than a dozen posts on the web complaining about the gui

The majority of feature requests were for a new browser and wavetable editor, both of which were eventually included (and neither of which I use BTW, so....)

Myself and many other users/testers have been asking for stuff for years that has never made its way in. You can't always get what you want...

You probably didn't ask the people that decided not to buy it. Of course people who have already bought it will not have a strong negative opinion on the GUI and beta testers are already extremely biased towards liking the product.

Also how come Dune isn't one of the most popular synths out there? Obviously it's not the sound. It's one of the best sounding in the market and Synapse has some of the best DSP in the industry. It's not the performance or the features either.
pier
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:49 pm

pier wrote:
You probably didn't ask the people that decided not to buy it.

Did you? Do you have any figures that correlate users not buying dune because of its gui?

pier wrote:
Also how come Dune isn't one of the most popular synths out there?

Who says it isn't? Do you have access to sales figures?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Richard » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:52 am

Thank you for posting your suggestions!

When it comes to skins, there is no single skin that will please everybody, unfortunately. The best we can do is to make a plugin skin customizable, and that is what we already did with DUNE 3 ;)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Previous

Return to Wishlist