Microtuning support please!

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Microtuning support please!

Postby Jimble » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:16 pm

I wish Legend had microtuning. Synapse Audio was known for taking this feature seriously in synths like Orion and Dune. Many Moog synths are microtunable too. Synthmaster One just implemented KBM support and dragging and dropping of Scala files. The microtuning scene is growing, with several Facebook groups having over 4000 members. If you do decide to implement it, I will make sure to make a Youtube video about it and post about it in all the relevant groups and forums online. I will also make sure that the Synapse synths are added to the Xenwiki database of microtunable audio plugins: https://en.xen.wiki/w/List_of_Microtona ... re_Plugins.
Jimble
Novice

Re: Microtuning support please!

Postby Jimble » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:48 pm

???
Jimble
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:52 pm

Don't worry. Synapse doesn't often comment on the list of feature requests for Legend/Dune.

Other users have their own favorite feature requests so all you can do is hope that Synapse adds your personal request some day.

I would prefer they not spend one second on Microtuning but Synapse will do what they think is best so who knows what the future holds.

All you can do is make your request, be patient, and enjoy the plugins for what they are today. 8)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby synthbum » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:16 pm

I was thinking maybe for now if you would consider a great alternative micro tuning compatible to Cubase. Real good idea for Dune 3 if maybe possible or not. Have it made compatible to most commands of the Midi Inserts section on Cubase especially on the micro tuner part and maybe everything else. I know the Scala file idea would come a bit later but this here would be at least a great update for now. Sorry to bring this up again but this is such an amazing synth that ever came out.
synthbum
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:38 am

This might be useful for someone......

http://www.tallkite.com/alt-tuner.html
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby sigra » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:24 pm

https://surge-synth-team.org/tuning-library/

Surge Synth Team has open sourced their tuning library for easy implementation of SCL/KBM support in other synths. I wish this was included in Dune3.
sigra
Novice

Postby sigra » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Sorry, double post.
sigra
Novice

Postby meru_es » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:52 pm

I've been using this device that can microtune MPE plugins and it works with the Legend really well :)
https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6 ... pe-edition

It's only available for Ableton Live Suite 11 though, so having microtune scales integrated into the plugin itself would still be very much appreciated by all the people who compose in alternate tunings and happen to use another DAW or another version of Live
meru_es
Novice

Postby synthbum » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:51 pm

Thank you all for the 3.6 update! I'm certainly going to have a blast with this update and plus with the microtuning capabilities! Can't wait till I play and try out this update later on. Well thanks so much for this. :D
synthbum
Novice

Return to Wishlist