Small update request for GQ-7 RE

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Small update request for GQ-7 RE

Postby Ottostrom » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi guys, new to the forum! :)
I've been using the GQ-7 rack extension for a long time now and I think it's hands down the best eq in Reason.
But there is one small feature which would make it a lot faster to work with: Shortcuts.

What I would love to see is a shortcut for changing the q by dragging on the screen (preferably by holding down alt like in the ssl), and a key (shift) which would lock it into only moving across one axis. This would eliminate any need to find the specific small knob to adjust, since everything would be doable through the interactive display.
I get that this is not a high priority request by a long shot but it would seriously improve my experience while mixing with it!

I also just want to express my gratitude for Synapse for the amazing rack extensions you've released over the years :)
Can always expect quality stuff from you guys!
Ottostrom
Novice

Re: Small update request for GQ-7 RE

Postby Richard » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Yes a very good suggestion for sure! :) The reason there is no shortcut is simply that this feature was not available at the time when we created the RE. Since then the RE format has evolved considerably, which is great. IIRC there were some issues transitioning to new format versions though, which we still have to overcome (the feature request as such is probably very easy to implement).
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Ottostrom » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Richard wrote:Yes a very good suggestion for sure! :) The reason there is no shortcut is simply that this feature was not available at the time when we created the RE. Since then the RE format has evolved considerably, which is great. IIRC there were some issues transitioning to new format versions though, which we still have to overcome (the feature request as such is probably very easy to implement).

I was guessing that this might be the reason for no shortcuts! Remember being very impressed seeing a graphical eq in the rack since the sdk wasn't that custom display friendly, so there weren't many people doing it :)
Ottostrom
Novice

Postby oscillax » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:11 pm

I too would like this feature. One of the FIRST things I tried to do was push shift or command or option, and combinations of them, to get the Q parameter to shift without mousing over the parameter in the UI. That would be a rather significant improvement in my view. Otherwise the EQ is great.
oscillax
Novice

Return to Wishlist