Dune 3 feature global key scale lock

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 feature global key scale lock

Postby Deleted user » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:53 pm

Hi oftentimes the Dune presets have arp patterns out of key from the song. It would be nice if there was a global key lock or something to force the arp to play only notes in a certain key. This feature would put Dune 3 above the rest I think
Deleted user

Re: Dune 3 feature global key scale lock

Postby Kriminal » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:25 am

if you are not using classic arp modes, where it arpeggiates the notes you press, it is playing a pre programmed sequence, so has no way of knowing what you are playing
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Deleted user » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:03 pm

I think Im talking about the arps. But either way all the patterns are are midi notes in a pattern. Thats why we need a global force to root and scale on the output of the arpeggiators. All midi notes would lock to notes within the scale we select instead. That would make the arps more useful in a mix.

Its not just a Dune thing. Its all plugins who have built in arps. BUt I like Dunes sound and want to use more of it, but I cant go in and edit every arp pattern everytime I want to use a preset.
Deleted user

Postby Richard » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:32 pm

I like the idea, it is loosely similar to the Dynamic arp mode from Dune 1, but probably better in practice.

Have to dabble a bit with it and see how it feels :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Deleted user » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:13 pm

I was just thinking another useful feature with the arps would be a random pitch, velocity, and step dice or something.
Deleted user

Postby Richard » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:26 pm

I'd suggest using the "Random" source in the Mod Matrix for this purpose.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Wishlist