SFZ import - The Holy Grail

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

SFZ import - The Holy Grail

Postby cellomangler » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:02 am

SFZ import as an oscillator choice.. or as an option for oscillator 3.
This would take Dune over the top - no question.
It could be a very simple "dumb" SFZ player that is incorporated with standard support for multisamples and velocity layers.
Yup.
cellomangler
Novice

Re: SFZ import - The Holy Grail

Postby Kriminal » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:45 am

Several ppl have asked for the same thing for years, not likely to ever happen....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:17 pm

For many years I have been the most vocal proponent of adding .sfz support in Dune. It would not only expand the range of sounds D3 can make a great deal but also elevate it into the territory of synths like Rapid and Avenger occupy now. There are gigs of sample content for Synapse's Zampler plugin much of it free which would be awesome to use in DUNE and .sfz being an open format would allow unlimited content.

But Richard has made it clear that .sfz support doesn't meet his vision for DUNE so it is what it is. We just have to accept his decision.

Perhaps in the future a "Super Zampler" will be considered but only time will tell....
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby cellomangler » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:22 pm

You guys are probably right... and of course the implementation takes a lot of work.
Meanwhile, if you want to optimize the single sample import, I'd strongly recommend this software for creating seamless loops in the tail:
https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/endlesswav.html
It's free. In fact the gentleman has several applications on his website and they are terrific albeit, take a minute to understand - but he provides PDFs and videos and Google Chrome can translate everything close enuf if the pages don't already. I can attest to using his software and it's also the best way to convert a string of samples recorded from hardware to an SFZ. DiscoDSP Bliss also has great sample looping tools and wav export and is a highly under rated sampler.
cellomangler
Novice

Return to Wishlist