Workflow & Modulation improvements

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Workflow & Modulation improvements

Postby MattLeschuck » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:58 pm

I love Dune but it needs some improvements and additions added to it IMO. Or a clearer way of doing these things if i missed them some how. Apologies if i did :)

I find Parawave Rapid similar to Dune in a lot of ways, especially the 8 layer system. Rapid has all the features i mention and i notice i miss them quite a bit when jumping over to Dune.

- LFO unipolar / bipolar switch

- Both free running and retrigger LFO options.

- On / Off switches for each lane in the mod matrix. It's tedious when trying to track something down or even temporarily bypassing a lane in the MM. An "X" for quick clearing a lane would be helpful too.

- MSEG's need a poly / mono switch (similar to the LFO's) for each setting (key on, loop, etc). Or at the very least a monophonic "one shot mode". As i see it, loop mode is the only monophonic option.

- Mouse scroll through FX, similar to the wavetables.

- Linear parabolic curves for the MSEG's in both directions. I find this one a bit strange. One way it's a nice parabolic curve, the other it gets really step at the end.
MattLeschuck
Novice

Re: Workflow & Modulation improvements

Postby zerocrossing » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:06 pm

I was just running into a sound I was trying to make and I hit a brick wall with the MSEGs being mono. I would really like a poly mode, or maybe an LFO mode where I can draw the waveform out.
zerocrossing
Novice

Re: Workflow & Modulation improvements

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:19 am

I posted a patch on Facebook that uses Osc3 as a freeform LFO, as well as other nifty uses of samples in Osc3, e.g., waveshaping.

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5117306 ... 115672187/
Mark

Return to Wishlist